Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-04-2016, 04:14 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(12-04-2016 11:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 05:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's like religion. If you believe in it enough and have faith, you may experience a placebo effect Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

Quote:Globally coeliac diseases affects between 1 in 100 and 1 in 170 people.[23][120] Rates, however, vary between different regions of the world from as few as 1 in 300 to as many as 1 in 40.

Quote:Due to variable signs and symptoms it is believed that about 85% of people affected are undiagnosed.

There is a small but significant population of people who really do have a problem with gluten. Definitely worth checking out if one displays the symptoms.

Yeah that's one thing. But that portion of the population isn't what's feeding the anti gluten fad. The vast majority of them are just being yuppies Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
13-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Shakshuka with bulgur and red cabbage salad.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-04-2016, 06:21 AM
Hamburgers tonight smother those bad boys with onions ketchup and mustard Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-04-2016, 06:33 AM
(12-04-2016 11:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 05:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's like religion. If you believe in it enough and have faith, you may experience a placebo effect Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

Quote:Globally coeliac diseases affects between 1 in 100 and 1 in 170 people.[23][120] Rates, however, vary between different regions of the world from as few as 1 in 300 to as many as 1 in 40.

Quote:Due to variable signs and symptoms it is believed that about 85% of people affected are undiagnosed.

There is a small but significant population of people who really do have a problem with gluten. Definitely worth checking out if one displays the symptoms.

Agreed. Some people do have legitimate problems with gluten. I just tried it to see if I noticed any changes in myself. There was nothing really prompting it--just curious. I personally didn't notice anything, other than missing pasta Tongue But I do know some people really struggle with it. But I also agree with YH, I think some people believe giving up gluten is a healthier alternative for whatever reason and they may not have any actual allergies themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-04-2016, 09:42 AM
I will be eating ham, roast beef, or turkey sandwiches for the next 2 or 3 days.
There were a lot of leftovers from the food I supplied for our first trap league home match.

There will also be 3 days of chocolate eclairs. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
14-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Oven cooked pork chops with mashed potatoes mushy peas country gravy and apple sauce.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
16-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Ham, turkey, and salami sandwich with SC&O chips.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
17-04-2016, 06:52 AM
Chicken breast with korma sauce, red rice and black olives.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
17-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Roast beef potatoes sprouts gravy
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
17-04-2016, 07:41 PM