Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(11-11-2013 06:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Scallops! Went to town today and they caught my eye and I picked some up. Yum!

I always want to get some, I like ordering them when I eat out, but I have no clue on how to make them at home. How do you cook them? Tips?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
(11-11-2013 07:01 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 06:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Scallops! Went to town today and they caught my eye and I picked some up. Yum!

I always want to get some, I like ordering them when I eat out, but I have no clue on how to make them at home. How do you cook them? Tips?

Broil them wrapped in bacon. Or just throw 'em in a hot pan and saute them.

(11-11-2013 01:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  For me, the secret is soy sauce and wasabi. Drooling

I just call that soup. Big Grin

#sigh
11-11-2013, 07:09 PM
(11-11-2013 07:01 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  

Take a saute pan and add 1 tbsp each of olive oil and butter. Finely dice a shallot (or 1/4 of a yellow onion if you can't find a shallot) add that to the pan and cook until translucent. Add your scallops seasoning with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. As they are cooking tilt the pan and spoon the butter/oil mixture over the scallops. Cook until golden brown flipping once. Should take between 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your scallops. Remove the Scallops from the pan and add 1/4 cup of cream or half and half to the pan. Using a wooden spoon scrape up any caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat. Spoon sauce over scallops and serve.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-11-2013, 07:14 PM
(11-11-2013 07:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:01 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I always want to get some, I like ordering them when I eat out, but I have no clue on how to make them at home. How do you cook them? Tips?

Broil them wrapped in bacon. Or just throw 'em in a hot pan and saute them.

Bacon is the one thing I don't eat Sad I know, I know. It's so good to everyone else. It's not a taste thing though, I get physically nauseous. I think it's an aversion rather than allergy... but yeah. Sadness.

(11-11-2013 07:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:01 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I always want to get some, I like ordering them when I eat out, but I have no clue on how to make them at home. How do you cook them? Tips?

Take a saute pan and add 1 tbsp each of olive oil and butter. Finely dice a shallot (or 1/4 of a yellow onion if you can't find a shallot) add that to the pan and cook until translucent. Add your scallops seasoning with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. As they are cooking tilt the pan and spoon the butter/oil mixture over the scallops. Cook until golden brown flipping once. Should take between 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your scallops. Remove the Scallops from the pan and add 1/4 cup of cream or half and half to the pan. Using a wooden spoon scrape up any caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat. Spoon sauce over scallops and serve.

DroolingDroolingDrooling

Maybe I should do this tomorrow.
13-11-2013, 07:28 AM
I need some dinner ideas, go.

Can't use shit that I have to buy a whole bottle only to use 1 fucking tea-spoon... Dodgy
And has to be cheap.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Super nice day out. They've been forecasting it since the weekend. So Sunday I slaughtered a few nice fryers. Aged them in heavy brine. As of 1:00 this afternoon, they are on the BBQ. Smoking them with oak and mesquite. (Made a new batch of charcoal last night too. Turned out perfect!)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-11-2013, 01:52 PM
(13-11-2013 07:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I need some dinner ideas, go.

Can't use shit that I have to buy a whole bottle only to use 1 fucking tea-spoon... Dodgy
And has to be cheap.

What have you got in the house?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-11-2013, 03:56 PM
What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

And has to be cheap.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog..._id=122888

Best instant noodles I've ever tried come from Korea. Samyang FTW!

Add raw egg during cooking for added texture/flavor.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
13-11-2013, 04:08 PM
(13-11-2013 01:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  

And has to be cheap.

What have you got in the house?

Nothing. Literally. Ok well maybe not nothing, there's salt and pepper.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-11-2013, 04:16 PM
(13-11-2013 04:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 01:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  What have you got in the house?

Nothing. Literally. Ok well maybe not nothing, there's salt and pepper.

Well, that aint gonna do it. Tongue You'll need to shop for some protein, some veggie and some carb. I don't know what is available at a good price where you are.

Salt and pepper are the only condiments /spices you got?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man