Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
23-10-2016, 10:57 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
Snap decision for final meal - omelette. But do it differently.

Fried bacon, onions and mushrooms then, instead of chopping bacon up and stirring up as usual, just rearranged items in pan as I would do on the plate if I were just having fried eggs with them.

Then poured the seasoned, beaten egg over all, did a little gentle stirring and placed my halogen oven top on the top of the pan to cook from both sides.

Have found the halogen oven one of my best kitchen gadget investments! Excellent way of warming rolls, baking spuds, grilling salmon fillets or trout, skewered meats/veg, reheating almost any solid food, roasting a smallish chicken . . . Far more energy efficient (and easier to clean) than a full size, or even half sized, oven. Ideal for singles, useful for families.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
23-10-2016, 11:00 AM
(23-10-2016 10:57 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Snap decision for final meal - omelette. But do it differently.

Fried bacon, onions and mushrooms then, instead of chopping bacon up and stirring up as usual, just rearranged items in pan as I would do on the plate if I were just having fried eggs with them.

Then poured the seasoned, beaten egg over all, did a little gentle stirring and placed my halogen oven top on the top of the pan to cook from both sides.

Have found the halogen oven one of my best kitchen gadget investments! Excellent way of warming rolls, baking spuds, grilling salmon fillets or trout, skewered meats/veg, reheating almost any solid food, roasting a smallish chicken . . . Far more energy efficient (and easier to clean) than a full size, or even half sized, oven. Ideal for singles, useful for families.

Sounds good, sounds really goodDrooling
23-10-2016, 11:03 AM
(23-10-2016 10:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I miss him too. Heart Hug

It doesn't get any easier, leastways not yet.

Yeah, there are sometimes certain triggers for me on TTA, that's why sometimes I need to take extended breaks from here. For example, if I see an old post of his in a thread--or like yesterday, I was checking to see if I repped Chas before--and I saw a Rep in there from Nishi talking about when he becomes older... ugh, it got to me. And whenever I check pm's, I see my registration date which is the same date Nishi passed away. Just little things like that brings everything back up again.
23-10-2016, 11:13 AM
(23-10-2016 11:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It doesn't get any easier, leastways not yet.

Yeah, there are sometimes certain triggers for me on TTA, that's why sometimes I need to take extended breaks from here. For example, if I see an old post of his in a thread--or like yesterday, I was checking to see if I repped Chas before--and I saw a Rep in there from Nishi talking about when he becomes older... ugh, it got to me. And whenever I check pm's, I see my registration date which is the same date Nishi passed away. Just little things like that brings everything back up again.

Yeah, why is it always the best who go early, or at least it seems that way I dunno perhaps.I need.to grow a pair. Its just I find death difficult.
23-10-2016, 11:22 AM
(23-10-2016 11:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 11:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, there are sometimes certain triggers for me on TTA, that's why sometimes I need to take extended breaks from here. For example, if I see an old post of his in a thread--or like yesterday, I was checking to see if I repped Chas before--and I saw a Rep in there from Nishi talking about when he becomes older... ugh, it got to me. And whenever I check pm's, I see my registration date which is the same date Nishi passed away. Just little things like that brings everything back up again.

Yeah, why is it always the best who go early, or at least it seems that way I dunno perhaps.I need.to grow a pair. Its just I find death difficult.

I think it just seems that way. I know some amazing people who passed away after living long and healthy lives. I think we just have to hold onto the times we had with those people we've lost and be thankful we got to know those people in our one and only lifetime.
23-10-2016, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2016 08:07 AM by adey67.)
(23-10-2016 11:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 11:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yeah, why is it always the best who go early, or at least it seems that way I dunno perhaps.I need.to grow a pair. Its just I find death difficult.

I think it just seems that way. I know some amazing people who passed away after living long and healthy lives. I think we just have to hold onto the times we had with those people we've lost and be thankful we got to know those people in our one and only lifetime.

Sometimes I find myself wishing that Nishi could see how much he is missed and how we regarded him and how much i want to give him a swift kick on the ass and bring him back, irrational I know,
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
24-10-2016, 05:58 AM
I had a fancy Italian sandwich. Hard salami, black forest ham, roast beef, Swiss cheese, diced lettuce, banana pepper slices, with red wine vinaigrette on a toasted ciabatta bun. Super tasty! Drooling

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2016, 06:01 AM
(23-10-2016 10:57 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Have found the halogen oven one of my best kitchen gadget investments! Excellent way of warming rolls, baking spuds, grilling salmon fillets or trout, skewered meats/veg, reheating almost any solid food, roasting a smallish chicken . . . Far more energy efficient (and easier to clean) than a full size, or even half sized, oven. Ideal for singles, useful for families.

I bought a toaster oven about a month ago, and I use it almost every day. I love the damn thing, and like you said, it's great for cooking for just one person or two. Gives you more options than a microwave, and it's faster and more energy efficient than a full sized oven.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Pasta.
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
24-10-2016, 11:43 AM
(24-10-2016 05:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I had a fancy Italian sandwich. Hard salami, black forest ham, roast beef, Swiss cheese, diced lettuce, banana pepper slices, with red wine vinaigrette on a toasted ciabatta bun. Super tasty! Drooling

You have black forest ham? Is that very popular over there? Cool

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse