Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
05-11-2016, 08:02 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(05-11-2016 06:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm going to have a nice sirloin steak and a big baked potato with oodles of butter and chutney as an homage to bonfire night, which reminds me I need something to calm my dog down, she hates fireworks.

What's bonfire night? Is that something you do--or is that something that's celebrated where you are at?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 08:25 AM
(05-11-2016 08:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 06:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm going to have a nice sirloin steak and a big baked potato with oodles of butter and chutney as an homage to bonfire night, which reminds me I need something to calm my dog down, she hates fireworks.

What's bonfire night? Is that something you do--or is that something that's celebrated where you are at?

Yes its origin is in the plot to blow up parliament that was foiled in the 17th century, Guy Fawkes etc,we have bonfires fireworks food, often baked potatoes and chili and toffee apples for the kids check it out on wiki if you're interested in the history probably a better explanation there than I can give you here, its just a bummer if you have nervous pets all those whizzes and loud bangs upsets them.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
05-11-2016, 09:45 AM
Just had latte and went and grabbed a yummy New York style bagel yum!
05-11-2016, 10:21 AM
The wife scrambled up some eggs and put diced red onion and bell pepper in them. I put cayenne pepper on mine. That and toast with jam and a nice hot mug of black coffee.

And some Cholestoff. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-11-2016, 10:22 AM
(05-11-2016 10:21 AM)Fireball Wrote:  The wife scrambled up some eggs and put diced red onion and bell pepper in them. I put cayenne pepper on mine. That and toast with jam and a nice hot mug of black coffee.

And some Cholestoff. Big Grin

Aw what a nice wife Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Neither of my wives could cook I lost out there Weeping
05-11-2016, 10:48 AM
I can cook a few things, but my cooking skills are Hobo. My bf is a good cook so he wears the Domestic Goddess pants in this house Tongue
05-11-2016, 01:59 PM
(05-11-2016 10:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I can cook a few things, but my cooking skills are Hobo. My bf is a good cook so he wears the Domestic Goddess pants in this house Tongue
Is he a vegan ? I'm guessing so it would be difficult to be otherwise and is your young one going to be bought up that way too?
05-11-2016, 02:07 PM
(05-11-2016 01:59 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 10:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I can cook a few things, but my cooking skills are Hobo. My bf is a good cook so he wears the Domestic Goddess pants in this house Tongue
Is he a vegan ? I'm guessing so it would be difficult to be otherwise and is your young one going to be bought up that way too?

No, he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Tongue But he eats vegan a few days a week. He still makes me vegan things though. Also, it's not that difficult to veganize various things. For instance, making pizza, we use a vegan crust and he puts cheese on his and I put fake cheese on mine. Or when we grill, I make a portobello burger and he'll make a burger burger. And I love sides. Wink

Little one is going to be eating both. Smile
05-11-2016, 02:11 PM
(05-11-2016 02:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 01:59 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Is he a vegan ? I'm guessing so it would be difficult to be otherwise and is your young one going to be bought up that way too?

No, he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Tongue But he eats vegan a few days a week. He still makes me vegan things though. Also, it's not that difficult to veganize various things. For instance, making pizza, we use a vegan crust and he puts cheese on his and I put fake cheese on mine. Or when we grill, I make a portobello burger and he'll make a burger burger. And I love sides. Wink

Little one is going to be eating both. Smile

Awesome I'm imagining you three together as a loving family and I've got to admit I'm tearing up. I send much love to you all for the future, your Brit friend xxx