Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-11-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
I had fried eggs on English muffins and some pepperoncinis.

And a Dark Chocolate Klondike Bar.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-11-2016, 11:28 PM
(07-11-2016 10:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 06:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I've actually never had one. I've seen them on TV though.

Were you raised by wolves? Consider

I'm seriously starting to think that. You may recall that I recently tried a donut for the first time in my adult life (or in self-actualized memory). -Totally not worth it, by the way.

I've been on a recent kick to try new foods, but I haven't gotten around to English muffins. Smile

... hey wait a minute. I think I know why my jeans are so tight. Angry
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
07-11-2016, 11:37 PM
(07-11-2016 11:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 10:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Were you raised by wolves? Consider

I'm seriously starting to think that. You may recall that I recently tried a donut for the first time in my adult life (or in self-actualized memory). -Totally not worth it, by the way.

I've been on a recent kick to try new foods, but I haven't gotten around to English muffins. Smile

Does your family eat really healthy? Is that why no donuts til adult life? My mom never let us have sugary cereals growing up. So, of course the first thing I did when I got to college was to load my cabinets with Cap'n Crunch Laugh out load
07-11-2016, 11:41 PM
For dinner tonight, I had some tofu spring rolls (rolled in rice noodle paper) with peanut dipping sauce. I had some leftover sambar as well. So good Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-11-2016, 01:26 AM
(07-11-2016 11:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 11:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm seriously starting to think that. You may recall that I recently tried a donut for the first time in my adult life (or in self-actualized memory). -Totally not worth it, by the way.

Does your family eat really healthy? Is that why no donuts til adult life? My mom never let us have sugary cereals growing up. So, of course the first thing I did when I got to college was to load my cabinets with Cap'n Crunch Laugh out load

I’ve had Cap’n Crunch before… a handful of times, actually. Not worth it, really. I feel no compulsion to eat it again.

Growing up, my family was fastidious about eating low sugar, low calorie foods. With the exception of the occasional chicken nugget from a fast food joint, I don’t ever remember having fried foods, and to this day, I can’t stand anything fried. Though, I did have fried chicken a few times in high school. Wasn’t worth it, haven’t had it since. Once in a while growing up, we’d go out for pizza or fast food. We never really kept soda, cheese, condiments, sauces, cakes, cookies, ice cream or (decent) chips in the house. With the exception of holidays or special occasions, any added calories on top of a basic but balanced diet was totally verboten.

These days, I eat a lot of vegetarian meals, but I’m not a vegetarian. I usually eat fish two or three times per week, and I eat chicken or beef maybe once a month, or once every few months. When I’m not pioneering the new world of American food as I have been doing for the past few months, I primarily live on vegetables (LOTS of vegetables), hummus, quinoa, hard boiled eggs, salmon, rye bread, peanut butter, coffee and beer. There are certainly exceptions to this, but more often than not, I'm perfectly content to eat the exact same thing every day for months and months on end and never tire of it.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
08-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Sausages garlic mash baked beans.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
08-11-2016, 08:30 AM
(08-11-2016 01:26 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 11:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Does your family eat really healthy? Is that why no donuts til adult life? My mom never let us have sugary cereals growing up. So, of course the first thing I did when I got to college was to load my cabinets with Cap'n Crunch Laugh out load

I’ve had Cap’n Crunch before… a handful of times, actually. Not worth it, really. I feel no compulsion to eat it again.

Growing up, my family was fastidious about eating low sugar, low calorie foods. With the exception of the occasional chicken nugget from a fast food joint, I don’t ever remember having fried foods, and to this day, I can’t stand anything fried. Though, I did have fried chicken a few times in high school. Wasn’t worth it, haven’t had it since. Once in a while growing up, we’d go out for pizza or fast food. We never really kept soda, cheese, condiments, sauces, cakes, cookies, ice cream or (decent) chips in the house. With the exception of holidays or special occasions, any added calories on top of a basic but balanced diet was totally verboten.

These days, I eat a lot of vegetarian meals, but I’m not a vegetarian. I usually eat fish two or three times per week, and I eat chicken or beef maybe once a month, or once every few months. When I’m not pioneering the new world of American food as I have been doing for the past few months, I primarily live on vegetables (LOTS of vegetables), hummus, quinoa, hard boiled eggs, salmon, rye bread, peanut butter, coffee and beer. There are certainly exceptions to this, but more often than not, I'm perfectly content to eat the exact same thing every day for months and months on end and never tire of it.

We didn't have a lot of sugary items in the house either. I guess I should thank my mom because I've never had a cavity. My mom would always make home cooked, healthy meals and we would get take out maybe once or twice a month (but if we did it was just cheese pizza with veggies--no meats or Chinese food, mostly stir-fried, maybe one fried item for a treat.) We had one box of cookies in the house and one bag of chips for the week....and that was for 7 people. Once it was gone, that was it.

Your diet sounds a lot like mine (minus the fish, chicken etc.). I eat a lot of hummus, quinoa, tofu, beans, veggies, fruits, peanut butter and now pistachio butter--which is Drooling I also like pasta and pizza (but I use a cornmeal crust, so it's kinda healthy and load it with veggies and fake cheese and nutritional yeast). And of course, guacamole, tortilla chips, and chocolate cupcakes. Wink
08-11-2016, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:34 AM by Chas.)
(08-11-2016 01:26 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 11:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Does your family eat really healthy? Is that why no donuts til adult life? My mom never let us have sugary cereals growing up. So, of course the first thing I did when I got to college was to load my cabinets with Cap'n Crunch Laugh out load

Growing up, we rarely had soft drinks, chips, or snack foods in the house.
However, my mother baked a lot. There was nearly always a snack after school and dessert after dinner.
I still don't care much for commercial baked goods - home-made is always better.

I like to eat and I like to cook. I usually make meals that includes multiple food groups. I, too, can eat the same things for quite a while without boredom.

Lately, though, I have been snacking from the Itos food group. Not healthy. No

[Image: Favim.com-chips-doritos-food-fritos-hot-...-70962.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-11-2016, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:52 AM by jennybee.)
For Aliza--If you want to expand your peanut butter horizons Wink So yum!

The Pistachio Factory Raw Unsalted Pistachio Butter
08-11-2016, 10:37 AM
(08-11-2016 09:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 01:26 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I’ve had Cap’n Crunch before… a handful of times, actually. Not worth it, really. I feel no compulsion to eat it again.

Growing up, we rarely had soft drinks, chips, or snack foods in the house.
However, my mother baked a lot. There was nearly always a snack after school and dessert after dinner.
I still don't care much for commercial baked goods - home-made is always better.

I like to eat and I like to cook. I usually make meals that includes multiple food groups. I, too, can eat the same things for quite a while without boredom.

Lately, though, I have been snacking from the Itos food group. Not healthy. No

[Image: Favim.com-chips-doritos-food-fritos-hot-...-70962.jpg]

I usually eat maybe 3 or 4 bags worth of chips in a year, but when All Dressed was suddenly available in my supermarket... I had a little problem. Fortunately, my taste for chips has died down and I'm no longer eating them.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post