Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(08-11-2016 10:37 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 09:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Growing up, we rarely had soft drinks, chips, or snack foods in the house.
However, my mother baked a lot. There was nearly always a snack after school and dessert after dinner.
I still don't care much for commercial baked goods - home-made is always better.

I like to eat and I like to cook. I usually make meals that includes multiple food groups. I, too, can eat the same things for quite a while without boredom.

Lately, though, I have been snacking from the Itos food group. Not healthy. No

[Image: Favim.com-chips-doritos-food-fritos-hot-...-70962.jpg]

I usually eat maybe 3 or 4 bags worth of chips in a year, but when All Dressed was suddenly available in my supermarket... I had a little problem. Fortunately, my taste for chips has died down and I'm no longer eating them.

I'm not a huge chips person--unless they're tortilla chips and only if I have guac and salsa. I don't like them plain, they need a topping Tongue But I do love french fries, which are still from the potato family Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-11-2016, 01:29 PM
(08-11-2016 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 10:37 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I usually eat maybe 3 or 4 bags worth of chips in a year, but when All Dressed was suddenly available in my supermarket... I had a little problem. Fortunately, my taste for chips has died down and I'm no longer eating them.

I'm not a huge chips person--unless they're tortilla chips and only if I have guac and salsa. I don't like them plain, they need a topping Tongue But I do love french fries, which are still from the potato family Laugh out load

Ooooh, I hate french fries! No Almost everything that has been dipped into a frier is instantly rendered disgusting.
08-11-2016, 02:27 PM
(08-11-2016 01:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm not a huge chips person--unless they're tortilla chips and only if I have guac and salsa. I don't like them plain, they need a topping Tongue But I do love french fries, which are still from the potato family Laugh out load

Ooooh, I hate french fries! No Almost everything that has been dipped into a frier is instantly rendered disgusting.

Gasp Tongue
08-11-2016, 02:55 PM
(08-11-2016 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm not a huge chips person--unless they're tortilla chips and only if I have guac and salsa. I don't like them plain, they need a topping Tongue But I do love french fries, which are still from the potato family Laugh out load

How about skillet taters?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
(08-11-2016 02:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 01:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Ooooh, I hate french fries! No Almost everything that has been dipped into a frier is instantly rendered disgusting.

Gasp Tongue

Love french fries! They're best when dipped in Bob's bleu cheese salad dressing. Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-11-2016, 03:01 PM
(08-11-2016 02:55 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 01:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Ooooh, I hate french fries! No Almost everything that has been dipped into a frier is instantly rendered disgusting.

How about skillet taters?

I don't know what that is.... I don’t eat a lot of potatoes though.
08-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Boring, bitsa-this-bitsa-that day.

Smoked ham and English mustard sandwich as late breakfast after I got to the hospital for my 10am implanted device check (had to arrive 0930 to have half a chance to park).. Then that was 45 minutes late hapening due to an emergency (OK with that, I was such an emergency once).

40 people in front of me for routine blood checks. That's 40 x 5 minutes . . . Yup, time to make it to the resturant for a quick early lunch. Egg, bacon and fries. Naughty, but won't show up in blood tests that quickly! Hopefully!!

Evening meal: check freezer, left over lamb stew. Apple. Banana.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
08-11-2016, 03:23 PM

Extra fat makes everything better. Deep fried ice cream is the best.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
08-11-2016, 03:30 PM
(08-11-2016 03:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 02:55 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  How about skillet taters?

I don't know what that is.... I don’t eat a lot of potatoes though.

I'm Irish, so it's in my DNA to eat potatoes Hobo
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
08-11-2016, 03:31 PM
(08-11-2016 02:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 02:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Gasp Tongue

Love french fries! They're best when dipped in Bob's bleu cheese salad dressing. Drooling

I like ketchup with mine Drooling