Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
28-12-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
I made a nice stir-fry tonight -- chicken breast, broccoli, peppers, onions, and mushrooms over rice, seasoned with teriyaki, ginger, cumin, garlic powder (didn't feel like doing it fresh), and hot sauce.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
Mushrooms and shitake with soy and vinegar sauce served with jasmine rice. Chilli pickles as side dish.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
29-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Roast chicken spinach and potatoes
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
29-12-2016, 08:53 AM
latte
I had a pomelo for the first time yesterday--yum those are good! So going to tear open another one today.
Probably some falafels or lentils for lunch and a coconut water
I'm thinking a tofu veggie stir fry for dinner. Trying to balance some of the junk food this holiday season Big Grin

My mouse came back. I had to let him out in my yard since I had him in an open shoe box and he was trying to jump out. My cat chased him in there and I wasn't expecting it Wink So setting humane traps today and will let him out in a field. I would just let him just live here if they didn't carry potential for disease. Tongue
29-12-2016, 09:09 AM
(29-12-2016 08:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  latte
I had a pomelo for the first time yesterday--yum those are good! So going to tear open another one today.
I'm thinking a tofu veggie stir fry for dinner. Trying to balance some of the junk food this holiday season Big Grin

My mouse came back. I had to let him out in my yard since I had him in an open shoe box and he was trying to jump out. My cat chased him in there and I wasn't expecting it Wink So setting humane traps today and will let him out in a field. I would just let him just live here if they didn't carry potential for disease. Tongue

Gotta let it go far enough away that it can't find its way back. Preferably next to somebody's house in a rival neighborhood.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
29-12-2016, 09:45 AM
(29-12-2016 09:09 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 08:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  latte

Gotta let it go far enough away that it can't find its way back. Preferably next to somebody's house in a rival neighborhood.

There's a field down the street like a 1/4 mile away, do you think that's too close? I don't know how far they can travel.
29-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Mm pomelos are nice, I love citrus especially a citrus salad with salt pepper and sprinkled with birds eye chilli peppers
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
29-12-2016, 12:59 PM
(29-12-2016 09:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 09:09 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Gotta let it go far enough away that it can't find its way back. Preferably next to somebody's house in a rival neighborhood.

There's a field down the street like a 1/4 mile away, do you think that's too close? I don't know how far they can travel.

Generally two to five miles is recommended, though it really depends on whether or not there is an adequate food source between you and the drop off location. A mouse that is adapted to living in a house will usually look for another house, as houses tend to have plenty of hiding spaces, minimal risk factors, and plenty of food. In fact, contrary to popular belief, cat food alone is more likely to attract mice than a cat is to deter them, depending on the cat Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
29-12-2016, 02:46 PM
(29-12-2016 12:59 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 09:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  There's a field down the street like a 1/4 mile away, do you think that's too close? I don't know how far they can travel.

Generally two to five miles is recommended, though it really depends on whether or not there is an adequate food source between you and the drop off location. A mouse that is adapted to living in a house will usually look for another house, as houses tend to have plenty of hiding spaces, minimal risk factors, and plenty of food. In fact, contrary to popular belief, cat food alone is more likely to attract mice than a cat is to deter them, depending on the cat Tongue

I better find another field then Wink The drop off field I'm thinking of has about ten houses between me and my house. This mouse loves dogfood and peanut butter. And flour tortillas Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
by The Bakery

Cuz chips are for kids. Sleepy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post