Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
02-01-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(02-01-2017 06:35 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I had a plate of roasted cauliflower for dinner. lol
I get in these weird jags when I just want to eat a lot of only one thing - usually a fruit or vegetable.

I am a strange vegetarian.

I've made cauliflower pizza where I made the crust out of pressed cauliflower. It's good.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-01-2017, 06:46 PM
(02-01-2017 06:35 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I had a plate of roasted cauliflower for dinner. lol
I get in these weird jags when I just want to eat a lot of only one thing - usually a fruit or vegetable.

I am a strange vegetarian.

Having a glass of Riesling now. I have an open bottle in the fridge that I have had since Christmas day, so I need to finish it off!

I do that sometimes too Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-01-2017, 06:48 PM
(02-01-2017 06:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese and a Filet'o Fish. Don't judge me.

Tongue

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Cauliflower pizza is so good.

Now I want that, but I ate all of the damn cauliflower! lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
02-01-2017, 09:10 PM
(01-01-2017 02:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Anyone ever eat fesenjan? I got invited to a Persian restaurant later and am thinking of ordering it (minus the chicken).

I suppose being a day late with the reply you've probably already either had it or decided on something else by now.

But to answer the question, it's Censored amazing. Of all places, I used to have it from time to time in Beijing. There was a Persian restaurant near the Italian embassy that made it with duck. Now that it's on my mind I'll probably never get rid of the craving.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-01-2017, 09:29 PM
(02-01-2017 09:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(01-01-2017 02:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Anyone ever eat fesenjan? I got invited to a Persian restaurant later and am thinking of ordering it (minus the chicken).

I suppose being a day late with the reply you've probably already either had it or decided on something else by now.

But to answer the question, it's Censored amazing. Of all places, I used to have it from time to time in Beijing. There was a Persian restaurant near the Italian embassy that made it with duck. Now that it's on my mind I'll probably never get rid of the craving.

I decided on getting the eggplant stew and saffron rice dish instead. Next time I'll have to try the fesenjan. Thumbsup
02-01-2017, 09:35 PM
(02-01-2017 09:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 09:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I suppose being a day late with the reply you've probably already either had it or decided on something else by now.

I decided on getting the eggplant stew and saffron rice dish instead. Next time I'll have to try the fesenjan. Thumbsup

Sounds good too. Unfortunately, eggplant is the one thing in the world I've found that I can't eat Sad I like it, but for some reason it just turns me inside out for like two days if I have even a single piece. Another thing I discovered in China through trial and error.

'Murican Canadian
02-01-2017, 10:17 PM
(02-01-2017 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 09:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I decided on getting the eggplant stew and saffron rice dish instead. Next time I'll have to try the fesenjan. Thumbsup

Sounds good too. Unfortunately, eggplant is the one thing in the world I've found that I can't eat Sad I like it, but for some reason it just turns me inside out for like two days if I have even a single piece. Another thing I discovered in China through trial and error.

Aw that's too bad about the eggplant. It was really good though Big Grin I almost went with the bhagali ghatogh (it's a lima bean stew) but I would have had to veganize it by having them make it without the egg. I usually veganize things at most restaurants that don't have a vegan dish but if there's an easier option (like the eggplant stew which is already vegan), I usually just go with that. The fesenjan at this place is vegan as well, although they also sell a meat version.
02-01-2017, 10:30 PM
(02-01-2017 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 09:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I decided on getting the eggplant stew and saffron rice dish instead. Next time I'll have to try the fesenjan. Thumbsup

So, now we need to divide the world up into people who can or cannot eat eggplant? FFS. Big Grin Don't worry, I'll eat all the eggplant you can't handle. Weird how body chemistry works. One thing is OK for that person, and kills another.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-01-2017, 10:45 PM
(02-01-2017 10:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Sounds good too. Unfortunately, eggplant is the one thing in the world I've found that I can't eat Sad I like it, but for some reason it just turns me inside out for like two days if I have even a single piece. Another thing I discovered in China through trial and error.

So, now we need to divide the world up into people who can or cannot eat eggplant? FFS. Big Grin Don't worry, I'll eat all the eggplant you can't handle. Weird how body chemistry works. One thing is OK for that person, and kills another.

It does seem to be a worsening problem. I sure don't remember having to be that careful as a kid, but there's a laundry list of food items and ingredients that are off limits at my kids' daycare.

So long as I never develop an allergy to cats or cheese, I can get by.

'Murican Canadian