Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2017, 04:00 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(27-01-2017 03:51 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm totally up for veganism hon, I sure hope you were not angry with anything that I said certainly no disrespect towards you was intended as I'm happy to be understanding differences and am seriously up for animal rights / welfare Adey xx

It's fine, as I say no worries.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2017, 04:17 PM
(27-01-2017 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it in here: My thread, the one I created to try and share vegan cooking ideas with other people, as well as a place where everyone regardless of food preferences could come and take part and have a place to chat about *all* things food.

I decided to leave the forum. Every once in awhile, a vegan/meat thread will pop up on here and after reading through it, reading some of the comments, I just really don't feel like I belong here. I think what bothers me most is that I never try to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. In fact, I'm very supportive of everyone on here--even when it's choices I may not personally agree with. So, yeah, it kinda hurts when people have rude, nasty comments coupled with stereotypes for the way I choose to live my life, especially when I do nothing to solicit them. Anyway, I'm over it and there are no hard feelings, as I say I just don't think this is the right place for me. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. Take care.

I'm really sorry if I said something to piss you off, you know I have always supported you. You can't let people get under your skin or run whenever someone disagrees with you or is mean to you. Just ignore them, they are not worth your time. Even if that includes me. You are a big part of this forum, this family, we love you here and we don't want to go. Cool off and think about it ok?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 04:26 PM
(27-01-2017 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it in here: My thread, the one I created to try and share vegan cooking ideas with other people, as well as a place where everyone regardless of food preferences could come and take part and have a place to chat about *all* things food.

I decided to leave the forum. Every once in awhile, a vegan/meat thread will pop up on here and after reading through it, reading some of the comments, I just really don't feel like I belong here. I think what bothers me most is that I never try to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. In fact, I'm very supportive of everyone on here--even when it's choices I may not personally agree with. So, yeah, it kinda hurts when people have rude, nasty comments coupled with stereotypes for the way I choose to live my life, especially when I do nothing to solicit them. Anyway, I'm over it and there are no hard feelings, as I say I just don't think this is the right place for me. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. Take care.

Ehhhh don't go! >.< I'll be sad...
[+] 3 users Like AnaBunny's post
27-01-2017, 04:27 PM
(27-01-2017 04:26 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  

I'll be sad...

Me too Sadcryface

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 04:29 PM
(27-01-2017 04:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

I'm really sorry if I said something to piss you off, you know I have always supported you. You can't let people get under your skin or run whenever someone disagrees with you or is mean to you. Just ignore them, they are not worth your time. Even if that includes me. You are a big part of this forum, this family, we love you here and we don't want to go. Cool off and think about it ok?

Thank you. Heart Like I said to adey, no worries. And my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a sense I get anytime someone posts a vegan/meat thread.

It's not a matter of people getting under my skin and pissing me off, it's a matter of not feeling like my lifestyle choices are respected (especially when I give nothing but respect to everyone on here for their lifestyle choices). I just don't want to be in an environment like that. I hope you guys understand. But I do appreciate what you guys said Heart
27-01-2017, 04:35 PM
(27-01-2017 04:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 04:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm really sorry if I said something to piss you off, you know I have always supported you. You can't let people get under your skin or run whenever someone disagrees with you or is mean to you. Just ignore them, they are not worth your time. Even if that includes me. You are a big part of this forum, this family, we love you here and we don't want to go. Cool off and think about it ok?

Thank you. Heart Like I said to adey, no worries. And my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a sense I get anytime someone posts a vegan/meat thread.

It's not a matter of people getting under my skin and pissing me off, it's a matter of not feeling like my lifestyle choices are respected (especially when I give nothing but respect to everyone on here for their lifestyle choices). I just don't want to be in an environment like that. I hope you guys understand. But I do appreciate what you guys said Heart

Real world is an environment like that, there will always be people to not respect you and no matter how much you try, you won't be able to get away from it. This world is full of mean people.

27-01-2017, 04:43 PM
(27-01-2017 04:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 04:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Thank you. Heart Like I said to adey, no worries. And my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a sense I get anytime someone posts a vegan/meat thread.

Real world is an environment like that, there will always be people to not respect you and no matter how much you try, you won't be able to get away from it. This world is full of mean people.

True but I can choose my immediate circle of friends and people who I want around me. That I do have control over. Again, nothing against anyone on here or the forum, I just don't think it is the right fit for me.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-01-2017, 04:46 PM
(27-01-2017 04:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 04:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Real world is an environment like that, there will always be people to not respect you and no matter how much you try, you won't be able to get away from it. This world is full of mean people.

True but I can choose my immediate circle of friends and people who I want around me. That I do have control over.

You can do that here too that is why there is the Ignore List and Private Messages.

27-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Please don't go Jenny, you are much loved here. Sadcryface
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
27-01-2017, 08:22 PM
What did you eat today?

Holy crap! I really wish you would reconsider this. You are by far the nicest person here. I will quit eating steak if you stay.
[+] 5 users Like KUSA's post