Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(27-01-2017 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it in here: My thread, the one I created to try and share vegan cooking ideas with other people, as well as a place where everyone regardless of food preferences could come and take part and have a place to chat about *all* things food.

I decided to leave the forum. Every once in awhile, a vegan/meat thread will pop up on here and after reading through it, reading some of the comments, I just really don't feel like I belong here. I think what bothers me most is that I never try to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. In fact, I'm very supportive of everyone on here--even when it's choices I may not personally agree with. So, yeah, it kinda hurts when people have rude, nasty comments coupled with stereotypes for the way I choose to live my life, especially when I do nothing to solicit them. Anyway, I'm over it and there are no hard feelings, as I say I just don't think this is the right place for me. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. Take care.

I am sorry to read this. I do understand the discomfort, but it seems that it happens only occasionally and only on this subject.

Please reconsider.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-01-2017, 09:56 PM
I for one would miss you. I try to eat more and more veg, and I think you have helped me with that and I am grateful. and I would miss your humor. and yoga. and yoga pictures.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
27-01-2017, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2017 10:11 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Jenny, I don't see any indications in the other thread that you or your lifestyle choices were being disrespected. Quite the contrary, almost every comment on that thread is, "If that's how you want to live your life, then go for it" and most of the comments are supportive of the choice, even if they didn't make the same one.

You had one guy who said that his opinion was that it was not a good option. One. If you consider that a hostile environment to your dietary choices/lifestyle, I'm frankly rather flabbergasted.

Can you think of any subject... ANY subject... where one of us has not told the other one "well that's just silly!" at some point in the discussion?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-01-2017, 11:05 PM
(27-01-2017 04:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  True but I can choose my immediate circle of friends and people who I want around me. That I do have control over. Again, nothing against anyone on here or the forum, I just don't think it is the right fit for me.

I hear you. And you're right, I can see where you would feel that way given the way people talk about veganism even if trying to be humorous.

I disagree that you are not a good fit for the forum. You quickly became and still remain a cherished voice here and this place will be a worse place to be without you in it.

I know that veganism is a big part of who you are and what you value, but keep in mind that this isn't a food forum, it's an atheist forum. And as such is going to be full of meatheads. Pun intended. Tongue

Stick around jb. Maybe just try to avoid food topics.

This forum is full of great people, and you're one of the best. It would be a shame to lose you.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
28-01-2017, 12:00 AM
(27-01-2017 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it in here: My thread, the one I created to try and share vegan cooking ideas with other people, as well as a place where everyone regardless of food preferences could come and take part and have a place to chat about *all* things food.

I decided to leave the forum. Every once in awhile, a vegan/meat thread will pop up on here and after reading through it, reading some of the comments, I just really don't feel like I belong here. I think what bothers me most is that I never try to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. In fact, I'm very supportive of everyone on here--even when it's choices I may not personally agree with. So, yeah, it kinda hurts when people have rude, nasty comments coupled with stereotypes for the way I choose to live my life, especially when I do nothing to solicit them. Anyway, I'm over it and there are no hard feelings, as I say I just don't think this is the right place for me. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. Take care.

I replied to your post here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1126048
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
28-01-2017, 12:16 AM
LDH annoys the shit out of me but I'm still staying.

[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
28-01-2017, 12:33 AM
(27-01-2017 09:56 PM)skyking Wrote:  I for one would miss you. I try to eat more and more veg, and I think you have helped me with that and I am grateful. and I would miss your humor. and yoga. and yoga pictures.

Don't forget the yoga pants.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
28-01-2017, 01:03 AM
Goddamnit!
Take me with you!

Alas, if only I were single, 20 years younger and had the stamina of a clydesdale.

Your lifestyle is very different from mine. I know because I just checked the big mental folder labelled "Who Gives a Damn?!?" Your life, your style! And you have more style than the overwhelming majority of the denizens of this forum, myself included. Your wit and quirky humour and depth of compassion will be sorely missed. I fear that your departure leaves this a slightly drabber and shabbier place.

May serendiptiy smile upon you and the wind be at your back.

ChaseHugHeart

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
28-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Don't go Sad

You are such a nice person, and I really enjoy your posts.
I am behind your veganism 100% and hope no one made you feel badly about it. Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
28-01-2017, 08:17 AM
(27-01-2017 10:08 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Jenny, I don't see any indications in the other thread that you or your lifestyle choices were being disrespected. Quite the contrary, almost every comment on that thread is, "If that's how you want to live your life, then go for it" and most of the comments are supportive of the choice, even if they didn't make the same one.

You had one guy who said that his opinion was that it was not a good option. One. If you consider that a hostile environment to your dietary choices/lifestyle, I'm frankly rather flabbergasted.

Can you think of any subject... ANY subject... where one of us has not told the other one "well that's just silly!" at some point in the discussion?

This wasn't the first time and it wasn't just that one thread. There have been several. And this has also happened in non-related food/vegan threads.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post