aloo gobi
Taco Bell bean burrito without cheese, diet coke
pizza with pineapple
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2017, 12:26 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
Tonight I had a huge plate of chicken cacciatore over spaghetti, generously sprinkled with fresh-grated Parmesan, and a hunk of warm, buttered baguette.

I had made the chicken cacciatore three weeks ago and froze half of it. I had taken that out to thaw a couple of days ago knowing that I would probably be really hungry tonight as I had an endoscopy today requiring me to have not eaten since yesterday evening. The endoscopy wasn't bad since they pretty much knocked me out with propofol.

I really enjoyed my dinner tonight.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Wasabi Almonds.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
31-01-2017, 08:22 AM
(30-01-2017 01:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 01:45 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I think you are right. I can watch the food channels for hours.

It's not a picture of me eating those muffins, but here's a pic of the dinner which featured that roast. Tritip roast, home fries, and a salad featuring spinach, kale, and chard:

[Image: 241t1yv.jpg]

The tritip was grilled over raw mesquite. For that cut of beef, I'm never going back to charcoal.

Have you tried plank grilling? I love plank grilled fish of any type.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-01-2017, 08:48 AM
(31-01-2017 08:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  Have you tried plank grilling? I love plank grilled fish of any type.

I haven't. I'm not much of a seafood-eater; it's very much a mood thing for me.

But under doctor's advice in preparation for surgery later this year, I'm making modifications to my diet to address some issues with my blood. I'll be looking at bringing more seafood into my diet if I can ... and I'll look into plank-grilling.
31-01-2017, 08:52 AM
(31-01-2017 08:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 08:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  Have you tried plank grilling? I love plank grilled fish of any type.

But under doctor's advice in preparation for surgery later this year, I'm making modifications to my diet to address some issues with my blood. I'll be looking at bringing more seafood into my diet if I can ... and I'll look into plank-grilling.

I haven't met anyone (non vegan) yet who doesn't love plank grilled salmon. May I suggest you start with that - it's also one of the healthiest fish to eat.

That said, if you don't mind spending a tad more time (fish cooks super fast even planked) try some thinner cut of pork on planks. Really good, too. It cooks very evenly and absorbs all that good woody smoky flavor...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-01-2017, 10:45 AM
(31-01-2017 08:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Have you tried swordfish? It's more of a steak consistency I think. At least that's what I remember from my meat eating days growing up in a small seaside town. If you want to add more fish into your diet, but don't really like fish, that might be the one to try.
31-01-2017, 11:09 AM
B: Scone w/ drizzled honey, coffee
L: Orange, cottage cheese and sesame crackers for lunch

D: Roasted cauliflower, quinoa, and sautéed garlic spinach
Dessert will be Kayak cookies

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
31-01-2017, 11:18 AM
On Sunday I picked up some fresh salmon from the local grocery store. Although it's probably not as fresh as wild caught bought from the docks, it was farm raised. Anyhow, it made a lovely meal grilled and served with a lemon dill sauce. Sooo good! Yummm! I want more lol.

I also made a delicious pasta salad with chick pea noodles, spinach, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and sun dried tomato pesto sauce.

Lastly some asparagus.

It was a lovely meal!

Been cooking a lot lately, for my wife (mostly fish). And enjoying it! I think I'll do something with the chicken breast in the fridge this evening. Ideas for a simple low-sodium and low-fat sauce that pairs well? Also, needs to be low-carb, so nothing sweet. If you have ideas, I'd like to hear them!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
31-01-2017, 11:20 AM
(31-01-2017 10:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 08:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I haven't. I'm not much of a seafood-eater; it's very much a mood thing for me.

Have you tried swordfish? It's more of a steak consistency I think. At least that's what I remember from my meat eating days growing up in a small seaside town. If you want to add more fish into your diet, but don't really like fish, that might be the one to try.

Tuna steaks, too. Made some the other day. It was a nice mix between fish and a steak. I really enjoyed it.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post