Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2014, 06:04 PM
What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(29-07-2014 05:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's sweet corn season!!!! Banana_zorro one of the reasons I don't think I could ever leave Iowa. I can't even eat regular corn anymore No going to do lemon pepper chicken on the grill, seasoned red potatoes, and corn on the cob. Mmmmmmm mmmmmmm Drooling
[Image: imagejpg1_zpse63320ae.jpg]

Someone told me a method they like for cooking their corn on the cob. They surround each cob with slabs of butter and wrap that combo in foil. Then they cook them on the grill. So, each ear is basically boiled in butter. Has anyone tried this before? I want to try it at home soon.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(29-07-2014 06:04 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 05:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's sweet corn season!!!! Banana_zorro one of the reasons I don't think I could ever leave Iowa. I can't even eat regular corn anymore No going to do lemon pepper chicken on the grill, seasoned red potatoes, and corn on the cob. Mmmmmmm mmmmmmm Drooling
[Image: imagejpg1_zpse63320ae.jpg]

Someone told me a method they like for cooking their corn on the cob. They surround each cob with slabs of butter and wrap that combo in foil. Then they cook them on the grill. So, each ear is basically boiled in butter. Has anyone tried this before? I want to try it at home soon.

It's really good that way. We have been doing that a lot this summer. Butter, some salt and pepper...wrap tightly in foil and place on the grill. Good stuff.

Just not with Iowa corn. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-07-2014, 06:25 PM
What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(29-07-2014 06:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:04 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Someone told me a method they like for cooking their corn on the cob. They surround each cob with slabs of butter and wrap that combo in foil. Then they cook them on the grill. So, each ear is basically boiled in butter. Has anyone tried this before? I want to try it at home soon.

It's really good that way. We have been doing that a lot this summer. Butter, some salt and pepper...wrap tightly in foil and place on the grill. Good stuff.

Thanks! Now I'll definitely try it. I'm in California so I'm even further from Iowa. I've never tried it from there before though. Is it really that much better?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
29-07-2014, 06:26 PM
(29-07-2014 06:25 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's really good that way. We have been doing that a lot this summer. Butter, some salt and pepper...wrap tightly in foil and place on the grill. Good stuff.

Thanks! Now I'll definitely try it. I'm in California so I'm even further from Iowa. I've never tried it from there before though. Is it really that much better?

Ooooohhh.... Yeahhhh Drooling

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-07-2014, 06:26 PM
(29-07-2014 06:25 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's really good that way. We have been doing that a lot this summer. Butter, some salt and pepper...wrap tightly in foil and place on the grill. Good stuff.

I have lived in several areas of the county and nothing comes close.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-07-2014, 06:46 PM
(22-07-2014 06:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 05:37 PM)Dom Wrote:  Will you marry me? Heart

Big Grin
Sure why not. Heart

Can we do a group marriage thing? Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-07-2014, 06:51 PM
(29-07-2014 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 06:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Big Grin
Sure why not. Heart

Can we do a group marriage thing? Smile

That's a slippery slope, Chas. Next thing people will be wanting to marrying their sweet corn....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
29-07-2014, 06:54 PM
(29-07-2014 06:51 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Can we do a group marriage thing? Smile

That's a slippery slope, Chas. Next thing people will be wanting to marrying their sweet corn....

I LOLed. Big Grin

29-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Laugh out load I laughed too, that was a good one EH Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
29-07-2014, 07:23 PM
(29-07-2014 06:51 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Can we do a group marriage thing? Smile

Especially with all that butter ... Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post