Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
06-09-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(06-09-2014 01:21 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I think tomorrow I'd like to learn how to make fried rice with the leftover tritip we have now.

It's actually not that hard.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Pulled pork, potato salad, chuckwagon beans, home baked buns, cheesecake, and whatever the guests bring.

I love BBQ.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-09-2014, 10:46 AM
(06-09-2014 10:43 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Pulled pork, potato salad, chuckwagon beans, home baked buns, cheesecake, and whatever the guests bring.

I love BBQ.

Stark!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeartHeart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Have a date tonight and we are going to a Japanese steakhouse squeeeeee! Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 12:05 PM
(06-09-2014 10:43 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Pulled pork, potato salad, chuckwagon beans, home baked buns, cheesecake, and whatever the guests bring.

I love BBQ.

My name is Deidre. And I approve of this message. Big Grin
So yum!

06-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Heart Hey Starky - makes my heart glad to see you peeking over that bud. Shy

I'm starving my ass off. I want something ... but ... can't decide on a course of action; cook or take out? Consider

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Last night, my sister cooked lamb chops*, potatoes, and salad.

Tonight we're going to an Italian restaurant where our waiter will be my nephew.
I expect good service. Dodgy

*inch and a half thick, medium rare. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-09-2014, 01:48 PM
(06-09-2014 01:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Last night, my sister cooked lamb chops*, potatoes, and salad.

Tonight we're going to an Italian restaurant where our waiter will be my nephew.
I expect good service. Dodgy

*inch and a half thick, medium rare. Drooling

aw, that sounds great, having your nephew as your waiter tonight! I hope you enjoy. I'm half Italian, you can't go wrong with that restaurant tonight. Big Grin

07-09-2014, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 03:16 AM by Cardinal Smurf.)
What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(06-09-2014 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 01:21 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I think tomorrow I'd like to learn how to make fried rice with the leftover tritip we have now.

It's actually not that hard.

Alas I was denied! Apparently my daughter and I are the only folks in the house who like fried rice. Bah!

Got a recipe?

Edit: rant time! This is seriously bogus, dudes. So, the mother-in-law buys us meat and brings it home. She expects my wife and I to cook it all. She makes every pretense at helping out and as soon as the meat hits the grill she says she feels unwell and removes herself upstairs until, conveniently, the cooking is all done.

I was willing to let it all slide. But then when I ask to use the leftovers (that I cooked!) in some simple fried rice I am denied because she wants it for sandwiches. Ugh!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
07-09-2014, 05:55 AM
(07-09-2014 03:12 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's actually not that hard.

Alas I was denied! Apparently my daughter and I are the only folks in the house who like fried rice. Bah!

Got a recipe?

Edit: rant time! This is seriously bogus, dudes. So, the mother-in-law buys us meat and brings it home. She expects my wife and I to cook it all. She makes every pretense at helping out and as soon as the meat hits the grill she says she feels unwell and removes herself upstairs until, conveniently, the cooking is all done.

I was willing to let it all slide. But then when I ask to use the leftovers (that I cooked!) in some simple fried rice I am denied because she wants it for sandwiches. Ugh!

http://therecipecritic.com/2013/08/easy-fried-rice/

INGREDIENTS
3 cups cooked rice *
2 Tbs sesame oil
1 small white onion, chopped
1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.
NOTES
* For the rice they suggest day old rice. I usually cook mine in the morning or night before and refrigerate. It will still taste great if you are not able to do this.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense