Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
03-10-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
I went out with friends earlier for drinks and Italian food. Had a lemon martini for something different tonight. Girl_nails

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Going old school and basic tonight...meatloaf, baked potatoes, and a vegetable - haven't decided on which one yet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Attempted my first quiche today. Not quite a success, but I was flying by the seat of my pants. The ingredients worked well, the flavor was great but the cooking process needs help. I used crescent roll dough flattened in the bottom of an 8X8 glass baking dish and the dough cooked way faster than the middle. Ended up with almost burnt crust and almost not done egg stuff.

Any suggestions? Would a metal pan work better? I seem to remember a ways back having the same problem making brownies in a glass dish and it worked better with metal. I'd like to be able to use the same ingredients.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-10-2014, 04:33 PM
(04-10-2014 03:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Attempted my first quiche today. Not quite a success, but I was flying by the seat of my pants. The ingredients worked well, the flavor was great but the cooking process needs help. I used crescent roll dough flattened in the bottom of an 8X8 glass baking dish and the dough cooked way faster than the middle. Ended up with almost burnt crust and almost not done egg stuff.

Any suggestions? Would a metal pan work better? I seem to remember a ways back having the same problem making brownies in a glass dish and it worked better with metal. I'd like to be able to use the same ingredients.

Metal would probably be better, but I believe you need to adjust for a glass dish - lower heat, longer time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2014, 04:54 PM
(04-10-2014 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 03:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Attempted my first quiche today. Not quite a success, but I was flying by the seat of my pants. The ingredients worked well, the flavor was great but the cooking process needs help. I used crescent roll dough flattened in the bottom of an 8X8 glass baking dish and the dough cooked way faster than the middle. Ended up with almost burnt crust and almost not done egg stuff.

Metal would probably be better, but I believe you need to adjust for a glass dish - lower heat, longer time.

Gots me a metal one, didn't think to use it until I was halfway into the deal and realized it wasn't going to work.

I'm good on a grill or a stovetop, this baking thing just isn't as intuitive.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM
(04-10-2014 04:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Metal would probably be better, but I believe you need to adjust for a glass dish - lower heat, longer time.

Gots me a metal one, didn't think to use it until I was halfway into the deal and realized it wasn't going to work.

I'm good on a grill or a stovetop, this baking thing just isn't as intuitive.

Baking seems a little more faith-based than grilling. Big Grin

04-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Something greasy. #stressed Sad
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Mac and cheese with black pepper and sriracha sauce. It was gooooood. Drooling

04-10-2014, 07:00 PM
I had, scrambled eggs, spaghetti, spam and frikadellen (which are the grilled testicles of Germans)...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
04-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Scrambled eggs and spaghetti? ^^ lol That's different. Hmmm......

I forgot to have dinner tonight. Gasp Went for a massage and didn't get back until 7:30 pm...
Going to have some greek yogurt and fruit now...

Be true to yourself. Heart