Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
03-05-2017, 08:11 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(03-05-2017 07:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 05:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Kind of like it smells. Don't know how else describe it Big Grin

But does it add a sweetness to food or a savory flavor? Or you just like the smell? Tongue

Definitely not sweet. Its needles are more commonly used as a strong tea than as a cooking ingredient. A bit bitter maybe, but it grows on you and the tea is awesome with a bit of maple.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-05-2017, 08:18 AM
(03-05-2017 08:11 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 07:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  But does it add a sweetness to food or a savory flavor? Or you just like the smell? Tongue

Definitely not sweet. Its needles are more commonly used as a strong tea than as a cooking ingredient. A bit bitter maybe, but it grows on you and the tea is awesome with a bit of maple.

hmm, I'll have to give this a try Thumbsup
03-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Faggots for dinner tonight four of them, roll those meaty balls of goodness round my mouth yum yum, sooo tasty. Drooling
03-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Well ... after yesterday's massive veggie burrito from Chipotle ...

Uh, let me clarify that ... after getting rid of yesterday's massive veggie burrito from Chipotle ... I'm not certain I ever want to eat anything ever again. Undecided

But now, I've evacuated so completely that I'm starving. Dodgy Laughat

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-05-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 02:18 PM by adey67.)
(03-05-2017 01:48 PM)kim Wrote:  Well ... after yesterday's massive veggie burrito from Chipotle ...

Uh, let me clarify that ... after getting rid of yesterday's massive veggie burrito from Chipotle ... I'm not certain I ever want to eat anything ever again. Undecided

But now, I've evacuated so completely that I'm starving. Dodgy Laughat

Rainbow Vomit I have decided that henceforth your nickname shall be the toilet clogger. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-05-2017, 02:15 PM
For lunch I had some cheese ravioli in a pumpkin/tomato sauce with some fresh green beans.

Right now I'm snacking on an Epic bar (the beef habanero cherry kind).

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
03-05-2017, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 03:28 PM by jennybee.)
latte, sunflower butter and bananas on whole grain crisp bread
baba ghanoush (I just love saying that word Tongue ) and green peppers for dipping
dinner is going to be tofu veggie satay
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-05-2017, 03:35 PM
My new "KALE" t-shirt Heart I've been wanting one for awhile 'cause vegan Tongue I finally found one today Big Grin

[Image: 27y5u9w.jpg]
03-05-2017, 03:56 PM
(03-05-2017 03:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  latte, sunflower butter and bananas on whole grain crisp bread
baba ghanoush (I just love saying that word Tongue ) and green peppers for dipping

Never heard of baba ghanoush...looks really good. I'll have to try making it sometime!

For dinner tonight I'll be roasting some cherry tomatoes with pink Himalayan salt, black pepper, fresh basil leaves, olive oil, and a touch of Balsamic vinegar. I'll heap that onto some toasted seedy bread and top it with swiss cheese. Mmmmm!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
03-05-2017, 06:31 PM
(03-05-2017 03:56 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  latte, sunflower butter and bananas on whole grain crisp bread

Never heard of baba ghanoush...looks really good. I'll have to try making it sometime!

For dinner tonight I'll be roasting some cherry tomatoes with pink Himalayan salt, black pepper, fresh basil leaves, olive oil, and a touch of Balsamic vinegar. I'll heap that onto some toasted seedy bread and top it with swiss cheese. Mmmmm!

It is really good! Your dinner sounds yum! Very summery. That would be great with a nice glass of wine. Think I'll make that over the weekend Thumbsup