Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
18-05-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
Breakfast: latte...and chocolate cupcake...I didn't end up having one yesterday, had cereal instead, so today--CUPCAKE!!!!!

Lunch is going to be a veggie sub with baked lays

Dinner: Tofu pumpkin curry

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-05-2017, 06:35 AM
A friend is coming over for lunch today. Chicken Pot Pie is on the menu. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
18-05-2017, 06:59 AM
jenny bee, what do you eat if you're feeling really low energy?

I need something high in iron and protein.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
18-05-2017, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2017 07:34 AM by jennybee.)
(18-05-2017 06:59 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  jenny bee, what do you eat if you're feeling really low energy?

I need something high in iron and protein.

Pumpkin seeds or pumpkin seed butter on whole grain crackers (I usually add a banana for potassium which helps give you a little additional boost),.

A green smoothie loaded with spinach (sometimes I blend unsalted pumpkin seeds into my smoothie or maybe throw in a protein powder), or you could make a spinach salad with dried cranberries, feta cheese (since you are a vegetarian), pumpkin seeds or walnuts sprinkled on top, and a raspberry vinaigrette.

Tofu is also a great choice--you could make a stir fry and throw in a lot of high in iron veggies. And dark chocolate for dessert Tongue

Maybe a yummy bean dish of some sort. I like burritos Wink

Check with your doctor before using because needs and medical histories can vary from person to person: I also take a low dose daily multivitamin (DEVA tiny tab multivitamin and mineral supplement). B12 can also help give you a boost--especially sublingual. I use a spray and a tablet. Again check with your doctor first before adding supplements into your diet. While B12 is non-toxic, it can aggravate certain medical issues if you have any.

*Ugh, I meant pumpkin seeds not sunflower, sorry period brain Hobo I fixed it Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-05-2017, 07:37 AM
I had left over Spaghetti from last night for my lunch today. For some reason it always tastes better the day after haha.

Tomorrow is a "Fat Friday" here at work, so it'll be meatball sub from subway again, although I'm counting as my last and getting back on my diet/exercise regime come Monday. Exercise bike = Check, Yoga = Check, Random free weight things = Check.

Time to loose weight. Sorry tummy, but you've had enough garbage for now.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
18-05-2017, 07:46 AM
(18-05-2017 07:37 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I had left over Spaghetti from last night for my lunch today. For some reason it always tastes better the day after haha.

Tomorrow is a "Fat Friday" here at work, so it'll be meatball sub from subway again, although I'm counting as my last and getting back on my diet/exercise regime come Monday. Exercise bike = Check, Yoga = Check, Random free weight things = Check.

Time to loose weight. Sorry tummy, but you've had enough garbage for now.

Oh yay! Yoga! Thumbsup Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-05-2017, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2017 08:55 AM by adey67.)
Homemade dish which I make from scratch, the nearest description is that its a cross between coq au vin and pollo cacciatore, its the most delicious chicken dish, rich and unctuous
Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Thank you!

I haven't had my spinach salad in a while, this is probably why I feel so 'low'

I will have sunbutter, crackers and hummus and carrots for lunch today Smile

[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
18-05-2017, 08:33 AM
oh darn, I don't have pumpkin seed butter. Where do you get that?

18-05-2017, 08:51 AM
(18-05-2017 08:33 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  oh darn, I don't have pumpkin seed butter. Where do you get that?

Amazon...Trader Joe's or Whole Foods might have it as well. You can also just get a bag of pumpkin seeds and eat that as a snack along with your crackers and hummus if you're craving a pumpkin fix. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post