Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
22-05-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(22-05-2017 09:34 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm really sorry to hear that BGM, that must make life very difficult. Sad

Meh. It doesn't bother me very much. Maybe a few minutes here and there. I lost my fingers in 2008 and have learned to cope fairly well. I don't really think about it. I do the things that I can do, and I don't do the things I can't do, like everybody else. Only occasionally... for instance, I wonder if I could still ride a bicycle. I haven't tried, but I still have my left thumb, so I think I could operate the brake.... but I haven't tried. I just for the most part instinctively know what things are out of my reach, and I don't really think about doing them. It's kinda hard to explain. You don't worry that you don't have four arms to do things with, and I don't worry that I only have one finger.

Hug I like the way you view things. Everyone has their own things (either physical or otherwise) to deal with in life and you just do the best you can with what you got.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 09:59 AM
(22-05-2017 09:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:34 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  Meh. It doesn't bother me very much. Maybe a few minutes here and there. I lost my fingers in 2008 and have learned to cope fairly well. I don't really think about it. I do the things that I can do, and I don't do the things I can't do, like everybody else. Only occasionally... for instance, I wonder if I could still ride a bicycle. I haven't tried, but I still have my left thumb, so I think I could operate the brake.... but I haven't tried. I just for the most part instinctively know what things are out of my reach, and I don't really think about doing them. It's kinda hard to explain. You don't worry that you don't have four arms to do things with, and I don't worry that I only have one finger.

Hug I like the way you view things. Everyone has their own things (either physical or otherwise) to deal with in life and you just do the best you can with what you got.

Yup, I wish I had his attitude cos mine totally sucks.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-05-2017, 10:02 AM
(22-05-2017 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:34 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  Meh. It doesn't bother me very much. Maybe a few minutes here and there. I lost my fingers in 2008 and have learned to cope fairly well. I don't really think about it. I do the things that I can do, and I don't do the things I can't do, like everybody else. Only occasionally... for instance, I wonder if I could still ride a bicycle. I haven't tried, but I still have my left thumb, so I think I could operate the brake.... but I haven't tried. I just for the most part instinctively know what things are out of my reach, and I don't really think about doing them. It's kinda hard to explain. You don't worry that you don't have four arms to do things with, and I don't worry that I only have one finger.

I'm guessing an accident (please tell me to mind my own business if you're not comfortable talking about it)

Frostbite as a result of a suicide attempt. I took a bunch of sleeping pills and went out in the cold to catch hypothermia.
22-05-2017, 10:05 AM
(22-05-2017 09:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug I like the way you view things. Everyone has their own things (either physical or otherwise) to deal with in life and you just do the best you can with what you got.

Yup, I wish I had his attitude cos mine totally sucks.

I've spent plenty of time envying others. I have shizoaffective disorder which these days amounts to chronic depression. Everybody has their bugbear to deal with.
[+] 2 users Like big green mouth's post
22-05-2017, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 10:24 AM by adey67.)
(22-05-2017 10:02 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm guessing an accident (please tell me to mind my own business if you're not comfortable talking about it)

Frostbite as a result of a suicide attempt. I took a bunch of sleeping pills and went out in the cold to catch hypothermia.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that Shocking You have such a positive mental attitude now, I'm sure glad you weren't successful respect to youThumbsup
Depression and suicidal ideation is a big difficulty in my life so I can identify with youYes
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
22-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Hugs to you, BGM.
Hug

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
22-05-2017, 10:44 AM
On Monday mornings I eat breakfast at a nearby Nifty Fifties. I had a veggie omlette with swiss cheese, hash browns, white toast, and an unsweetened iced tea.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
22-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Burrito!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
22-05-2017, 08:08 PM
(22-05-2017 08:06 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Burrito!

I'm jealous! Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Daisy Ham, boiled onions, cabbage, carrots and broccoli. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post