Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
24-05-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
For breakfast I had a wheatgrass smoothie. Snack was some pretzels with a goat cheese and basil dip.

Lunch will be ginger salmon and snowpeas Big Grin

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
24-05-2017, 03:46 PM
I have fresh spinach - a ton of it! It got really hot here and it will bolt before long if I don't eat it asap.

I was planning on country rib tonight, I guess it will be rib and spinach. Maybe I'll come up with something creative...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Salt and vinegar flavored chicken wings, and something the grocery deli referred to as "Cowboy's Caviar." It had corn, beans, and celery in it, among other things. It was okay.
[+] 2 users Like big green mouth's post
24-05-2017, 04:29 PM
(24-05-2017 02:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the ranting thread, but ...

What I had for lunch was jambalaya from a local Cajun place. Yeah, "local Cajun place" in Madison, WI is kind of an oxymoron, but the place in question is New Orleans Take-Out, founded by John Roussos, who came here from New Orleans. The food is authentic enough that New Orleans musicians playing in Madison regularly stopped in there (he had signed photos of said musicians all over the walls). And my jambalaya was great, as always.

Anyway, now for the rant part:

1. Roussos is closing the restaurant and retiring after 32 years. In fact, the original restaurant has already closed.

2. Fortunately, they opened a second location a few years back, owned and operated by a younger guy who worked for Roussos for 10 years before starting up at the new location. That one is still open, at least for a while, and that's where we got our food today.

3. Jambalaya, good as it is, was my third choice. My first choice was blackened catfish with dirty rice, which is to die for. "Sorry, we're sold out of that, and we may never have it again." Bummer, OK, how about blackened chicken breast? "Nope -- no blackened." Apparently, they aren't doing blackened anything anymore. I might have to learn how to cook that shit myself. If they had also been sold out of jambalaya, the apocalypse would be right around the corner -- but fortunately, they still had that.

Aw, this deserves a hug Tongue Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Banana and an iced coffee for breakfast
Lunch was leftover mexican
Dinner is a big spinach salad w/ lemon vinaigrette and hummus on the side

Dessert is ben & jerry's. The ice cream, not the men.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
24-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Cold, leftover pork and potatoes. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
24-05-2017, 07:57 PM
There's been a change of plans and I'm getting a wet burrito and guac and tortilla chips for dinner Drooling

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
24-05-2017, 08:23 PM
What did you eat today?
When I read "wet burrito" it makes me think of a poo floating in the toilet.
24-05-2017, 08:38 PM
(24-05-2017 08:23 PM)KUSA Wrote:  When I read "wet burrito" it makes me think of a poo floating in the toilet.

Ewwwww Tongue Well, I'm still eating it Big Grin

25-05-2017, 05:21 AM
Today is my usual movie day, so I'm going to Burger King with a friend. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post