Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-06-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(26-06-2017 08:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 07:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I ate the hell out of lychees in China. Are they similar tasting to those?

You know I've only had lychee sorbet, so it's hard for me to say for sure. Rambutans are super juicy and sweet. They're like eating candy. The pits a little bit hard to get around, but the rambutans are bite size, so if you don't mind being uncouth (like me Tongue ) you can just pop them in your mouth, eat around them, and spit out the pit.

That's pretty much how I eat even fruits with peelings. My girlfriend cringes every time I pop a kiwi into my mouth and spit out the skin.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-06-2017, 08:47 PM
(26-06-2017 08:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 08:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You know I've only had lychee sorbet, so it's hard for me to say for sure. Rambutans are super juicy and sweet. They're like eating candy. The pits a little bit hard to get around, but the rambutans are bite size, so if you don't mind being uncouth (like me Tongue ) you can just pop them in your mouth, eat around them, and spit out the pit.

That's pretty much how I eat even fruits with peelings. My girlfriend cringes every time I pop a kiwi into my mouth and spit out the skin.

Well, you should be all set with rambutans then Thumbsup Laugh out load

My bf cringes when I open an avocado. I peel it with my hands and then just dig my fingers in there and yank it out w/out the use of utensils. I mean it's gonna get mashed up anyway and my hands are clean. Mixing bowls and such for guacamole are for amateurs Drinking Beverage

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-06-2017, 12:18 AM
A salad with Almonds, Strawberry's and a dressing made from strawberries.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
27-06-2017, 12:20 AM
(26-06-2017 08:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 08:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  That's pretty much how I eat even fruits with peelings. My girlfriend cringes every time I pop a kiwi into my mouth and spit out the skin.

Well, you should be all set with rambutans then Thumbsup Laugh out load

My bf cringes when I open an avocado. I peel it with my hands and then just dig my fingers in there and yank it out w/out the use of utensils. I mean it's gonna get mashed up anyway and my hands are clean. Mixing bowls and such for guacamole are for amateurs Drinking Beverage

.... you always mash your avocado? I often eat my avocado sliced.... but mashed is good too, really any delivery method for getting avocado to my mouth is a good delivery method

#avocadoisforever

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
27-06-2017, 02:32 AM
(26-06-2017 07:06 AM)jennybee Wrote:  latte
hot buckwheat cereal raw cashew butter and these things...rambutan. Ever had them?

[Image: Rambutan-2.jpg]

Then leftover Indian food for lunch and dinner-yum!

Nice but I prefer lychees' they have more flavour.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-06-2017, 05:04 AM
(27-06-2017 12:20 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 08:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, you should be all set with rambutans then Thumbsup Laugh out load

.... you always mash your avocado? I often eat my avocado sliced.... but mashed is good too, really any delivery method for getting avocado to my mouth is a good delivery method

#avocadoisforever

> I always put half an avocado in my garden salad or Cobb Salad. Peeling them is too messy, so I cut them in half and scoop out chunks with a teaspoon. I toss the pits out on the driveway and the squirrels eat them. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
27-06-2017, 05:50 AM
I've heard they ripen quicker if you put a banana up your ass. Wink Laugh out load
27-06-2017, 06:03 AM
Shaksouka.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-06-2017, 06:05 AM
(27-06-2017 12:20 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 08:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, you should be all set with rambutans then Thumbsup Laugh out load

#avocadoisforever

I usually mash it because I either make guac with it or I put it on top of a black bean burger or in a burrito.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-06-2017, 06:42 AM
(27-06-2017 06:03 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Shaksouka.

What's that ?