Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-06-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(27-06-2017 06:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 12:20 AM)JesseB Wrote:  .... you always mash your avocado? I often eat my avocado sliced.... but mashed is good too, really any delivery method for getting avocado to my mouth is a good delivery method

#avocadoisforever

I usually mash it because I either make guac with it or I put it on top of a black bean burger or in a burrito.

How do you make the burgers? I'm a confirmed meat eater but I love all pulses.

Going vegetarian today, cauliflower cheese tonight, I'll put some of the killer chilli pickle on it as I'm starting to get used to it, I'm up to 1/4 of a teaspoon now although I am still amazed how powerful it is just 1/4 of a teaspoon causes burning down below, I never dreamed a small thing like a chili could be so unbelievably savage.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Fried bell pepper with garlic, tomato, cumin, harissa and eggs. It's Israeli/Tunisian/Turkish dish.

Looks like that:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGsVzxJAF9-RPpCPdYspd...RZTJTazqt-]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
27-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Had my first "meal" at a Chipotle restaurant the other night during a motorcycle trip I was taking with some friends.

Apparently Chipotle is all about "no GMOs, fresh ingredients" etc etc.

How bad can a burrito be? Chorizos, guac, brown rice, hot sauce, some other stuff...

It
Was
Awful Rainbow Vomit

I will never, ever darken the door of a Choptlle restaurant again.
27-06-2017, 07:12 AM
(27-06-2017 06:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 06:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I usually mash it because I either make guac with it or I put it on top of a black bean burger or in a burrito.

How do you make the burgers? I'm a confirmed meat eater but I love all pulses.

Going vegetarian today, cauliflower cheese tonight, I'll put some of the killer chilli pickle on it as I'm starting to get used to it, I'm up to 1/4 of a teaspoon now although I am still amazed how powerful it is just 1/4 of a teaspoon causes burning down below, I never dreamed a small thing like a chili could be so unbelievably savage.

I use Happy Herbivores recipe. It's on her website. Basically, you preheat the oven to 400. Mash up a can of black beans, drain and rinse first. Add in some quick cook oats. Mix in one tbsp mustard and two tbsp ketchup. You can also add some onion and garlic powder if you want it a lil more flavorful. I don't add that in in mine. Anyway, then you form patties and bake 7 minutes on each side. It makes 2-4 patties depending how big you like your burgers. I like then big, so I do two servings. I also top them with mango salsa on occasion. Total yum Drooling

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-06-2017, 07:19 AM
latte, watermelon...and lots of it Thumbsup
lentil wrap with tahini
grilled eggplant sandwich

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-06-2017, 08:14 AM
(27-06-2017 06:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Fried bell pepper with garlic, tomato, cumin, harissa and eggs. It's Israeli/Tunisian/Turkish dish.

Looks like that:

That looks delicious I love eggs so I'm definitely going to give it a try.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-06-2017, 08:51 AM
(27-06-2017 08:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 06:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Fried bell pepper with garlic, tomato, cumin, harissa and eggs. It's Israeli/Tunisian/Turkish dish.

Looks like that:

That looks delicious I love eggs so I'm definitely going to give it a try.

It's quite good and spicy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-06-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm very hungry... AND I have food Smile BUT I'm also quite sick today and am struggling to get up the energy and willpower to go cook something. Good times.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
27-06-2017, 11:51 AM
(27-06-2017 11:41 AM)JesseB Wrote:  I'm very hungry... AND I have food Smile BUT I'm also quite sick today and am struggling to get up the energy and willpower to go cook something. Good times.

Hope you feel better soon!

28-06-2017, 04:12 AM
It's 3am yikes! I have to be up in an hour, but I woke up a lil earlier and now can't get back to sleep. I can't wait to immerse myself in my latte, I am so gonna need it today. Yes