Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
06-07-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(06-07-2017 05:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Tofu fried with mushrooms and dried tomatoes:

[Image: IMG_20170706_130803.jpg]

That looks really good Drooling

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2017, 05:58 AM
(06-07-2017 05:50 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 05:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Tofu fried with mushrooms and dried tomatoes:

[Image: IMG_20170706_130803.jpg]

That looks really good Drooling

Looked better IRL I'm not good at making photos.

Dish itself was good but I was forced to experiment with spices as I didn't have zatar nor I had time to make it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Bolognese paste with stewed eggplants and zucchini
[+] 1 user Likes MuntyJay's post
06-07-2017, 10:47 AM
(05-07-2017 09:04 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Fresh from my garden:
tomatoes
cucumber
chives
onion
zucchini
pole beans
4 kinds of basil
dragon pepper

Already regretting that last one.

You're harvesting early. Must be zone 8+. I planted a ghost pepper. Don't know what I'm gonna do with them.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-07-2017, 11:02 AM
(06-07-2017 10:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 09:04 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Fresh from my garden:
tomatoes
cucumber
chives
onion
zucchini
pole beans
4 kinds of basil
dragon pepper

Already regretting that last one.

You're harvesting early. Must be zone 8+. I planted a ghost pepper. Don't know what I'm gonna do with them.

My son gave me a pickle made from 70-80% ghost peppers, I love hot sauce etc but this stuff was beyond funny it was literally a chemical weapon disguised as a condiment, 1/4 teaspoon on a salad had me literally running round the house in total agony unable to do anything, I couldn't breathe at one stage it was so bad.
A 1/8th of a teaspoon spread thinly on a cheese roll gave an intense but pleasant burn, this jar of pickle is gonna last a long time that's for sure.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-07-2017, 11:15 AM
(06-07-2017 11:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 10:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're harvesting early. Must be zone 8+. I planted a ghost pepper. Don't know what I'm gonna do with them.

My son gave me a pickle made from 70-80% ghost peppers, I love hot sauce etc but this stuff was beyond funny it was literally a chemical weapon disguised as a condiment, 1/4 teaspoon on a salad had me literally running round the house in total agony unable to do anything, I couldn't breathe at one stage it was so bad.
A 1/8th of a teaspoon spread thinly on a cheese roll gave an intense but pleasant burn, this jar of pickle is gonna last a long time that's for sure.

Wow that must be one fucking pepper!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-07-2017, 11:38 AM
(06-07-2017 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 11:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My son gave me a pickle made from 70-80% ghost peppers, I love hot sauce etc but this stuff was beyond funny it was literally a chemical weapon disguised as a condiment, 1/4 teaspoon on a salad had me literally running round the house in total agony unable to do anything, I couldn't breathe at one stage it was so bad.

Wow that must be one fucking pepper!

Yeah, I know it probably sounds hilarious but actually being serious it wasn't at all, it was a truly horrific and very very unpleasant experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Unfortunately there's no way to describe it without it sounding humorous, but I'm stubborn I'm determined to use the whole jar no matter how long it takes. It was a gift from my son so therefore I love itWink
06-07-2017, 11:40 AM
(06-07-2017 11:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Wow that must be one fucking pepper!

Yeah, I know it probably sounds hilarious but actually being serious it wasn't at all, it was a truly horrific and very very unpleasant experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Unfortunately there's no way to describe it without it sounding humorous, but I'm stubborn I'm determined to use the whole jar no matter how long it takes.

Ugh, why if it's giving you that type of reaction? I would think it's one of those things you cross off your list and go "Meh, tried it."

06-07-2017, 11:42 AM
(06-07-2017 11:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 11:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yeah, I know it probably sounds hilarious but actually being serious it wasn't at all, it was a truly horrific and very very unpleasant experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Unfortunately there's no way to describe it without it sounding humorous, but I'm stubborn I'm determined to use the whole jar no matter how long it takes.

Ugh, why if it's giving you that type of reaction? I would think it's one of those things you cross off your list and go "Meh, tried it."

It was a gift from my boy and also a challenge that I'm not going to back down from. Big Grin
06-07-2017, 11:45 AM
(06-07-2017 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 11:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Ugh, why if it's giving you that type of reaction? I would think it's one of those things you cross off your list and go "Meh, tried it."

It was a gift from my boy and also a challenge that I'm not going to back down from. Big Grin

That's insane. Wink