Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
21-07-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(21-07-2017 08:22 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Sure. It's really simple. Preheat oven to 400. Put a small amount of olive oil in a bowl along with a little salt and pepper and powdered garlic and Morton's Nature's Seasoning Blend (or pretty much any version of Mrs Dash). Cube the squash and stir it in the bowl, spray a little oven spray on a cookie sheet and spread the squash on it. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of chopped onion through it and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. When it starts getting golden brown on top turn off the oven and leave it in for another five minutes. The key here is that less is more. Less olive oil and less seasoning than you would think. You can always add more seasoning after it's cooked.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to make this!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Oyster mushrooms tripe soup.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-07-2017, 06:19 AM
Y'all ain't gonna believe this.

I had yak steaks and fried eggs at work for my overnight shift "breakfast". There's a farm that raises them about an hour west of Ottawa and I had a coworker pick me up some. Naturally, I store and cook it at work since that would freak out my girlfriend.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
22-07-2017, 06:26 AM
(22-07-2017 06:19 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Y'all ain't gonna believe this.

I had yak steaks and fried eggs at work for my overnight shift "breakfast". There's a farm that raises them about an hour west of Ottawa and I had a coworker pick me up some. Naturally, I store and cook it at work since that would freak out my girlfriend.

What does yak meat taste like?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-07-2017, 06:33 AM
(22-07-2017 06:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 06:19 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Y'all ain't gonna believe this.

What does yak meat taste like?

Tastes kind of like beef (which I guess it is technically), but much leaner and tender like venison. Charles R. Poliquin, aka Strength Sensei, recommended it on a blog Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
22-07-2017, 07:34 AM
(22-07-2017 06:33 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 06:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  What does yak meat taste like?

Tastes kind of like beef (which I guess it is technically), but much leaner and tender like venison. Charles R. Poliquin, aka Strength Sensei, recommended it on a blog Tongue

Well, if the Strength Sensei recommends it.... Tongue

I'll have to tell my boyfriend about it. He loves his steak, but I'm trying to get him to eat some leaner meats. Like your girlfriend, I also have a lot of veggie friends who don't want meat in the house--even if they're in rships with meat eaters. In my rship, it doesn't bother me that he eats meat, but I do make him have his own "meat shelf" in the refrigerator Big Grin

22-07-2017, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2017 08:13 AM by jennybee.)
Last night, at the Italian restaurant, I had cappellini pomodoro and some grilled asparagus (okay, not some, I ate the whole platter myself Big Grin ) The tomato sauce on the cap pom was so Drooling I wish I could make sauce like that. I also had a yummy black raspberry sorbet for dessert. Drooling

Also, I wore this dress (with these ugly rhinestones-I thought it was just like a silver t-shirt material sundress when I bought it online, but no, this is rhinestone hell Hobo ) Anyway, it's supposed to be a heart, but the waitress at the restaurant thought it was a rhinestone Mickey Mouse Laugh out load which is actually an extra No because this dress has a sexy open back) Anyway, I'm thinking due to the rhinestones and backless Mickey Mouse look--back into the closet this dress goes Hobo Laugh out load Oh and I also managed to get sauce on my dress last night, so it looked like Mickey had a scalp laceration.

[Image: 2dcgviv.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
22-07-2017, 09:02 AM
I can see the Mickey in your dress, but it's still cute.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
22-07-2017, 09:50 AM
(22-07-2017 09:02 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I can see the Mickey in your dress, but it's still cute.

Thank you Smile

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Lunch: Hotdogs and potato salad. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post