Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
14-08-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
I made a black bean bowl with sweet potato and avocado for dinner. Drinking a chamomile tea now. Trying to healthy it up today after my eating extravaganza yesterday Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2017, 07:28 PM
The Korean discussion put me in the mood for the 김치찌개 (kimchi based stew) I mentioned, so I took the kids to a Korean restaurant in Ottawa. Girlfriend is out of town and kids in a restaurant are quite a handful alone, but I got my, fix.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Lunch: Roast of pork with baked potatoes and fried onions. Yes

Supper: Pork sandwich with lettuce, mayo and onions. Tongue

Evening snack: Banana bread and a glass of milk. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
14-08-2017, 10:55 PM
I'm craving a mango but I don't feel like getting out of bed to go and get it. Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-08-2017, 01:55 AM
Not neccisarily an "eat" thing, but I'm REEEEALLY craving a pepsi right now. I'm trying to be good with my food/drink to trim up a wee bit....but lack of soda is killing me haha.

Drinking water at the moment.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
15-08-2017, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 08:10 AM by jennybee.)
(15-08-2017 01:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Not neccisarily an "eat" thing, but I'm REEEEALLY craving a pepsi right now. I'm trying to be good with my food/drink to trim up a wee bit....but lack of soda is killing me haha.

Drinking water at the moment.

I hear you, it can be so hard to eat healthy. I try and eat healthy too and follow a sattvic (yogic) diet as best as I can. The problem is, I love my morning lattes (caffeine is a not considered sattvic), spicy food (onions/garlic/harsh spices not sattvic), fried food (tortilla chips, french fries, samosas-if it's fried, it's not sattvic), chocolate cupcakes (chocolate, highly sugary things-not sattvic), and occasional beer or glass of wine (alcohol not sattvic).

I follow the main yogic principle of ahimsa (non-violence, i.e. a vegan diet always) but being a foodie, I do find it hard to eliminate the other foods I love. But I also think that yoga talks about moderation, a balance of sun and moon energies, so in that sense, I feel I can still enjoy these things, just in moderation.

That said, it also says in the Pradipika, that if you practice Maha Mudra, there is nothing injurious to you as this practice destroys the injurious effects of anything you take in. Of course, I'm just using this as a reason to continue to eat my chocolate cupcakes Laugh out load

Anyway, I know you follow yoga too, so thought I'd share my food struggles too. Big Grin Also, I want a chocolate cupcake Hobo

Also here's the Maha Mudra (or Ability to Continue to Eat Chocolate Cupcakes Pose--joking Big Grin)

[Image: da3bc122592148f048f4e246fd57206e--yoga-s...-poses.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-08-2017, 11:23 AM
so far...
latte
hot buckwheat cereal and some honeydew melon

15-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Had a mango and two steamed artichokes with baba ghanoush for lunch--so good!

15-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Tofu red curry for dinner Smile

16-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Chamomile tea so far. Trying to kick my latte habit Hobo