Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-10-2017, 05:02 PM
What's for supper?
When did "What's for supper ... " get hijacked? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest
(07-10-2017 05:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  When did "What's for supper ... " get hijacked? Consider

It didn't get hijacked, we decided to merge threads. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Ran out for a quick bite to eat. Burritos, guac, salsa, tortilla chips, beer. So good!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Baby back ribs, zucchini (I think the last one the garden will yield this year), colorful peppers, yam, chard. All but the chard will be roasted.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-10-2017, 06:31 PM
(07-10-2017 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 05:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  When did "What's for supper ... " get hijacked? Consider

It didn't get hijacked, we decided to merge threads. Big Grin

For us nerds out there.

[Image: 448779e259f0ab7e881cd635a1d9e6f4.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
07-10-2017, 06:43 PM
(07-10-2017 06:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It didn't get hijacked, we decided to merge threads. Big Grin

For us nerds out there.

[Image: 448779e259f0ab7e881cd635a1d9e6f4.jpg]

Laugh out load Thumbsup That is exactly how it happened Drinking Beverage

07-10-2017, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 12:22 AM by Astreja.)
Thanksgiving dinner went well. Cooked the duck at 300F for the first 2 hours, then cranked the oven up to 400 to finish it, render more fat, and crisp the skin. Made cranberry sauce and added a heaping tablespoon of Seville orange marmalade for extra zing. Cubed and pan-fried the yam in a mixture of butter and olive oil.

Pumpkin bread pudding was a hit. The jar of powdered ginger was MIA (IIRC, I had tossed it because it had been in the pantry too long), so my daughter grated some frozen ginger instead.

We also demolished a bottle of Henckell Trocken sparkling white wine, and supplemented with growlers of beer (32-ounce bottles of a stout, a lager and an IPA) from a brewery we had toured earlier in the day.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
08-10-2017, 05:34 AM
Tried alternative recipe of adżapsandali. Sadly it wasn't good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-10-2017, 05:40 AM
(07-10-2017 11:03 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Thanksgiving dinner went well. Cooked the duck at 300F for the first 2 hours, then cranked the oven up to 400 to finish it, render more fat, and crisp the skin. Made cranberry sauce and added a heaping tablespoon of Seville orange marmalade for extra zing. Cubed and pan-fried the yam in a mixture of butter and olive oil.

Pumpkin bread pudding was a hit. The jar of powdered ginger was MIA (IIRC, I had tossed it because it had been in the pantry too long), so my daughter grated some frozen ginger instead.

We also demolished a bottle of Henckell Trocken sparkling white wine, and supplemented with growlers of beer (32-ounce bottles of a stout, a lager and an IPA) from a brewery we had toured earlier in the day.

> Do you know why a ½-gal. jug of beer is referred to as a growler? Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
08-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Roast duck with orange sauce baby potatoes and sweetheart cabbage
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post