Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
15-10-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest
Getting some chunky monkey vegan ice cream to watch my 2 hours of zombies tonight Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Had celery with peanut/flax seed butter. Forgot how much I liked that!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
15-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Two cans of smoked herring, a poppy seed muffin, and an apple.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Bacon
Eggs
Toast

cashews

chicken
potatoes
corn

wine
more wine
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-10-2017, 07:34 AM
tea latte, probably a protein bar

Lunch-probably hummus romaine wraps and a mango

Dinner-I have some tri-colored quinoa and some bok choy, so will probably make something with that...maybe add in a sweet potato and some tahini

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
16-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Steak baked potatoes slathered in butter, plump vine tomatoes and crunchy coleslaw I'm having a tooth out soon which will leave me with no molars top left side of my mouth so enjoying it while I can. Guess I'm gonna need a denture when it heals.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
16-10-2017, 09:55 AM
I have gotten lazy in my old age. I hardly ever cook anything anymore. Most of what I eat at home is either snack-type stuff (nuts, pretzels, etc.), or food ordered from restaurants, or frozen stuff that I just throw in the oven for an hour. But this weekend, I decided to actually cook something, and went back to one of my old standbys from years ago:

Put pork tenderloin in casserole dish with some water. Sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper, and various spices (I like to call it "Scarborough Fair Pork" -- if you've ever heard the song, you can guess which 4 spices I used). Then bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour. Toward the end of that hour, cook up some "Rice & Sauce" (I used a mushroom-flavored blend made by Knorr), and add it to the casserole (it soaks up the water and much of the flavor from the pork and spices). Bake for another hour. Toward the end of that hour, saute some mushrooms and cook up some pork gravy. Pour these over the pork and rice.

Best home-cooked meal I've had in years! I will try some other things that I used to do on the next few weekends.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
16-10-2017, 12:52 PM
I decided to grab some tortilla chips and guacamole at this mexican restaurant I like as a quick snack before my yoga class. They gave me a small guacamole and I ordered a large Angry This is an outrage! Tongue Wink Unfortunately, I didn't notice until after I left so now I'm stuck scraping the sides of this guac container.

16-10-2017, 01:17 PM
(16-10-2017 12:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I decided to grab some tortilla chips and guacamole at this mexican restaurant I like as a quick snack before my yoga class. They gave me a small guacamole and I ordered a large Angry This is an outrage! Tongue Wink Unfortunately, I didn't notice until after I left so now I'm stuck scraping the sides of this guac container.

Just be lucky guacamole exists because it shouldn't Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
16-10-2017, 03:34 PM
I just ordered some macadamia nuts. By the time they get here, (a couple days) I'll have gone to the store for persimmons. Macadamia nuts and persimmons - soo good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post