> Lunch: Potato Salad and tomatoes.

> Supper: a handful of dried figs. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
29-10-2017, 05:49 AM
RE: Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest
B- mint tea, granola, dried fruit, blueberries, banana, almond milk

L- Yesterday I ended up having a veggie summer roll in rice paper with raw agave for dipping and some pomegranate seeds, so today I'm making the sweet potato, avocado, black bean tacos, and a glass of almond milk

D- For dinner I'm just making something easy-hummus romaine wraps, a mango, and date nut rolls

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-10-2017, 09:10 AM
My latest "home cooking" (like the last one, this is something I've made many times before -- just not recently):

I had two boxes of S&B "Golden Curry" mix (one "Mild" and one "Medium Hot") in my pantry, and noticed that they were both "expired" (Dec. 2016 and Jan. 2017), so I thought I had better use them up. I basically follow the recipe on the box, but add a lot of stuff, so I ended up with:

2 boxes of "Golden Curry" mix
5 cups water
22 oz. of Tyson "Southwestern Seasoned" chicken
2 medium-sized red onions
2 bundles of asparagus
4 medium-sized bell peppers (1 each of green, orange, red, and yellow)
1 jar of mushrooms

This makes a big pot of curry that will provide all my meals at home for at least the next week. I serve it over Uncle Ben's instant (not quite "instant", it takes 10 minutes or so) brown rice. An hour or so of initial preparation, but for subsequent meals, all I have to do is heat it up and cook the rice. Easy and yummy. For vegetarians/vegans, I'm pretty sure this would still be mighty tasty without the chicken. And the curry mix also comes in "Hot" and "Extra Hot" varieties, although I've never tried the "Extra Hot" because my local grocery store doesn't carry it.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
29-10-2017, 09:24 AM
(29-10-2017 09:10 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  My latest "home cooking" (like the last one, this is something I've made many times before -- just not recently):

I had two boxes of S&B "Golden Curry" mix (one "Mild" and one "Medium Hot") in my pantry, and noticed that they were both "expired" (Dec. 2016 and Jan. 2017), so I thought I had better use them up. I basically follow the recipe on the box, but add a lot of stuff, so I ended up with:

2 boxes of "Golden Curry" mix
5 cups water
22 oz. of Tyson "Southwestern Seasoned" chicken
2 medium-sized red onions
2 bundles of asparagus
4 medium-sized bell peppers (1 each of green, orange, red, and yellow)
1 jar of mushrooms

This makes a big pot of curry that will provide all my meals at home for at least the next week. I serve it over Uncle Ben's instant (not quite "instant", it takes 10 minutes or so) brown rice. An hour or so of initial preparation, but for subsequent meals, all I have to do is heat it up and cook the rice. Easy and yummy. For vegetarians/vegans, I'm pretty sure this would still be mighty tasty without the chicken. And the curry mix also comes in "Hot" and "Extra Hot" varieties, although I've never tried the "Extra Hot" because my local grocery store doesn't carry it.

This sounds good. I think I'll try it minus the chicken Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
29-10-2017, 09:59 AM
For your information on Olive Oil.

THE 14 FAKE OLIVE OIL COMPANIES ARE REVEALED NOW – AVOID THESE BRANDS

Thought you all might want to know since we cook and flavor lots of our food with it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Roast loin of pork potatoes broccoli and apple sauce, that's a sexual dinner right there. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
29-10-2017, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2017 11:02 AM by jennybee.)
(29-10-2017 09:59 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  For your information on Olive Oil.

Thought you all might want to know since we cook and flavor lots of our food with it.

I'm checking mine now--thanks for posting! Smile

EDIT: Mine's Napa Valley Naturals Organic--so all good Thumbsup

29-10-2017, 11:26 AM
(29-10-2017 10:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-10-2017 09:59 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  For your information on Olive Oil.

I'm checking mine now--thanks for posting! Smile

I like how they say you can check by placing it in the refrigerator and seeing if it coagulates. If it does its good, if not then it has additives.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-10-2017, 11:39 AM
(29-10-2017 11:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-10-2017 10:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm checking mine now--thanks for posting! Smile

I like how they say you can check by placing it in the refrigerator and seeing if it coagulates. If it does its good, if not then it has additives.

You can do the same thing with whisk(e)y to determine whether or not it's been chill-filtered -- although I'm not sure that normal refrigerator temperature is cold enough for this, and there is some debate as to how much (if any) difference chill-filtering makes to the quality of the whisk(e)y. Purists prefer no chill-filtering and no added color.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
29-10-2017, 12:52 PM
(29-10-2017 11:39 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-10-2017 11:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I like how they say you can check by placing it in the refrigerator and seeing if it coagulates. If it does its good, if not then it has additives.

You can do the same thing with whisk(e)y to determine whether or not it's been chill-filtered -- although I'm not sure that normal refrigerator temperature is cold enough for this, and there is some debate as to how much (if any) difference chill-filtering makes to the quality of the whisk(e)y. Purists prefer no chill-filtering and no added color.

This sounds like a challenge! Cool