Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
09-04-2015, 07:37 AM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
It's going to be a beautiful 70 degree day, and I am hosting the annual spring shrimp fest in my gazebo. Some friends are coming by and eating shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp. Drooling

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Pizza tonight, because I'm babysitting. I'm going to pull some of my Jambalaya out of the freezer and put it in the fridge for tomorrow to make up for it.
09-04-2015, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 02:24 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
I neglected to take pics, but made tostadas last night, using grilled chicken breast, topped with pinto beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, green onion, salsa, and sour cream. Then I used the cinders to start smoking jerky -- doing a batch seasoned with homemade barbecue sauce right now, to be followed by a batch seasoned teriyaki style. I'll take pictures, but as good as the jerky tastes (and I'm getting pretty good at making it, if I do so allow), it ends up looking like little turds.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-04-2015, 11:27 AM
The whole thing about egg yolks having too much cholesterol blablabla is a bunch of horseshit.

Eggs contain tons of healthy, easy to digest proteins and fats. Tossing the yolk is throwing away a well balanced food. Don't do it. It's safe for a healthy person to eat a dozen eggs a week (yup, two a day fits the bill nicely)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-04-2015, 02:14 PM
(09-04-2015 11:27 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The whole thing about egg yolks having too much cholesterol blablabla is a bunch of horseshit.

Eggs contain tons of healthy, easy to digest proteins and fats. Tossing the yolk is throwing away a well balanced food. Don't do it. It's safe for a healthy person to eat a dozen eggs a week (yup, two a day fits the bill nicely)

I made scrambled eggs for the hoard. I know how to make sublime scrambled eggs. Non-stick pan with ample butter on medium-low. 8 eggs in the blender to introduce a shitload of air. Adjust heat to medium. Pour in aerated eggs and stir and scrape for 2-3 minutes and pull off the heat just before they set and voila, heavenly eggs. Drooling

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-04-2015, 02:19 PM
(09-04-2015 02:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 11:27 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The whole thing about egg yolks having too much cholesterol blablabla is a bunch of horseshit.

I made scrambled eggs for the hoard. I know how to make sublime scrambled eggs. Non-stick pan with ample butter on medium-low. 8 eggs in the blender to introduce a shitload of air. Adjust heat to medium. Pour in aerated eggs and stir and scrape for 2-3 minutes and pull off the heat just before they set and voila, heavenly eggs. Drooling

Pro tip- add about a tablespoon of water before blenderizing. The water boils, fluffing up those little air pockets even more. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-04-2015, 06:20 PM
(09-04-2015 02:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Pro tip- add about a tablespoon of water before blenderizing. The water boils, fluffing up those little air pockets even more. Wink

Yep. I blend with a fork, 'cause I'm too lazy to wash a blender for scrambled eggs, but a little agua, not milk, is the trick to perfect scrambled eggs.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I didn't capture the final plate with all the fixins (it was green beans and tater tots, hey I got a four and two year old, at least it wasn't spaghetti or Mac Facepalm ), but I had just pulled these off the grill.

Huge chops I stuffed with poblano, red peppers and Havarti cheese. My first attempt at these and I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. I think I did okay, the seasoning needs adjustment and the wife needs to learn how to appreciate meat that is not horribly overcooked, but overall not a bad effort.

[Image: 20150411_185713_zpsxska7ij5.jpg]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-04-2015, 08:40 PM
(09-04-2015 06:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 02:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Pro tip- add about a tablespoon of water before blenderizing. The water boils, fluffing up those little air pockets even more. Wink

Yep. I blend with a fork, 'cause I'm too lazy to wash a blender for scrambled eggs, but a little agua, not milk, is the trick to perfect scrambled eggs.

Going to try this next time, guys, thanks! Thumbsup

Thump, I use a fork too. You use the blender, you gotta clean it Confused

I'm always making bacon when I do scrambled eggs, so instead of butter in the pan I use a bit of bacon grease Drooling
11-04-2015, 09:31 PM
We had meat loaf, baked potatoes, and corn.

Pretty basic, old school meal. But leftover tomorrow means little or no cooking for me. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post