Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-04-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
Made a homemade spice rub and low sugar sauce for baked ribs I made. Boiled them first, then baked them. Yummy doesn't even express it. Yes

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Brushed olive oil on a slice of five-grain sourdough crusty bread ---flashed it under the broiler to toast it. On top I stacked a few poached eggs I stole from beneath my favorite Buff Orpington (she poaches them as a special favor to me). Melted an anchovy in some olive oil and cooked down some small tomatoes, diced Vidalia onions and stirred in a dollop of pesto sauce---glopped the reduced sauce on the poached egg and bread stack --- grated some Fontina over the whole mess, ran it under the broiler yet again.....FINALLY, right on the tippy top, mound a huge handful of crisp arugula tossed with lemon juice, olive oil and fresh cracked pepper. I poured myself a large glass of my favorite cheap-ass Riesling; so sweet I could drink it like juice with breakfast (and have)..then toasted my certitude of life BEFORE death.
07-05-2015, 09:07 AM
(09-04-2015 02:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 11:27 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The whole thing about egg yolks having too much cholesterol blablabla is a bunch of horseshit.

Eggs contain tons of healthy, easy to digest proteins and fats. Tossing the yolk is throwing away a well balanced food. Don't do it. It's safe for a healthy person to eat a dozen eggs a week (yup, two a day fits the bill nicely)

I made scrambled eggs for the hoard. I know how to make sublime scrambled eggs. Non-stick pan with ample butter on medium-low. 8 eggs in the blender to introduce a shitload of air. Adjust heat to medium. Pour in aerated eggs and stir and scrape for 2-3 minutes and pull off the heat just before they set and voila, heavenly eggs. Drooling

Ok...you had me at "eggs"... but as I attempt to interpret the recipe...is "shitload" a larger measure than "pant load", as expressed as a relatively larger or smaller measure than a "buttload" or "assload"? Please clarify.

**pencil at the ready...**

SmartassTongue
18-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Sirloin wrapped in alder bacon, marinated in plum sauce and cooked to perfection over a hot bed of charcoal. Top it off with a side of tater salad and a cherry cola. Let the weekend (for me, anyways) begin!

[Image: ba785bc728c2c0467835a6a4a5aaa733.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-05-2015, 08:26 PM
I've just eaten so much sushi I could puke a rice paddy, a vegetable garden, and an ocean. (a small ocean)

I think I'm in a sushi stupor. Feels kinda good. Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
22-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Spinach with dried tomatoes and olives:

[Image: Pomidory-z-oliwkami-i-szpinakiem-gotowe-800x535.jpg]

On the pictrue it looks somewhat better than when one is making it, though taste is heavenly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-05-2015, 03:05 PM
(22-05-2015 03:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Spinach with dried tomatoes and olives:

On the pictrue it looks somewhat better than when one is making it, though taste is heavenly.

That looks really good Smile-can I have the recipe??
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-05-2015, 03:20 PM
(22-05-2015 03:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 03:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Spinach with dried tomatoes and olives:

That looks really good Smile-can I have the recipe??

Sure.

You need about 150/200g of spinach, 50g of olives, half a head of garlic, and 100g of dried tomatoes. Also salt, pepper, chilli and optionally curry and soy sauce. Recipe is also compatibile with feta.

Cut the olives, tomatoes, spinach and garlic. Then start fry the spinach, olives and garlic, after you deem it ready add tomatoes and fry it some more. There is no set time. After adding tomatoes add salt, pepper and chilli. I also use curry and soy sauce. It can be served with rice or whatever you like really.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
22-05-2015, 03:21 PM
(22-05-2015 03:20 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 03:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That looks really good Smile-can I have the recipe??

Sure.

You need about 150/200g of spinach, 50g of olives, half a head of garlic, and 100g of dried tomatoes. Also salt, pepper, chilli and optionally curry and soy sauce. Recipe is also compatibile with feta.

Cut the olives, tomatoes, spinach and garlic. Then start fry the spinach, olives and garlic, after you deem it ready add tomatoes and fry it some more. There is no set time. After adding tomatoes add salt, pepper and chilli. I also use curry and soy sauce. It can be served with rice or whatever you like really.

Thanks!Big Grin Sounds really good!
22-05-2015, 03:22 PM
(22-05-2015 03:20 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 03:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That looks really good Smile-can I have the recipe??

Sure.

Soooo delicious. Might have to get me some of that tomorrow.