Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
02-07-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
Popcorn + Makers and coke... Served whilst watching Star Wars Epidode IV. Because, yes, I am a bad ass like that.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 11:00 PM
(02-07-2015 10:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Standard meal for when plans change at the last moment. I brown off some ground beef with a rough chopped onion. Add salt, pepper, chilli powder, garlic powder, montreal steak seasoning, and worcestershire sauce. Once Beef is browned and onions are translucent I add 1 can of black beans and 5 cups of Water and bring to a boil. Once at a rolling boil I add in 2 cups of uncooked Jasmine Rice and cover reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. I then remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.

That sounds really tasty. I used to make a quick bechamel sauce with lots of melty cheese....

In a skillet I'd brown some hamburger, onion and add the spices plus sometimes some chipotle in adobo...then I'd add all that to some ziti or whatever small pasta I have on hand (cooked), pour the bechamel sauce and mix the goop together. Pour it all into a pyrex dish, top with more cheese and bake it until the top browns a little.

I might do that again next week.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-07-2015, 11:02 PM
I'm getting hungry! Smile

Damn you guys! Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-07-2015, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 11:24 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(18-05-2015 08:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Sirloin wrapped in alder bacon, marinated in plum sauce and cooked to perfection over a hot bed of charcoal. Top it off with a side of tater salad and a cherry cola. Let the weekend (for me, anyways) begin!

[Image: ba785bc728c2c0467835a6a4a5aaa733.jpg]

That is indeed perfect.

eta: I had leftovers tonight from making burritos earlier in the week.
03-07-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
The garden is exploding so today was a garden veggie day... Fried green tomatoes, fried okra, baked onion rings, Lima beans and cornbread. Peach cobbler is in the oven. I still have a crap ton of tomatoes, squash and zucchini. And the blueberry bushes are about ready for another going over. I wish I had the patience to can and pickle some of this stuff. But, I'll be making my neighbors happy soon as I always have to give a bunch away before it goes bad.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
03-07-2015, 02:47 PM
A wafer thin mint.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-07-2015, 02:59 PM
(02-07-2015 10:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Standard meal for when plans change at the last moment. I brown off some ground beef with a rough chopped onion. Add salt, pepper, chilli powder, garlic powder, montreal steak seasoning, and worcestershire sauce. Once Beef is browned and onions are translucent I add 1 can of black beans and 5 cups of Water and bring to a boil. Once at a rolling boil I add in 2 cups of uncooked Jasmine Rice and cover reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. I then remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.

Here's my recipe.

[Image: zatarains-rice-mixes.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Tonight's going to be cheeseburgers w/onion, lettuce, tomato, potato/egg salad, coleslaw, and potato chips. Ice cream and sauce for desert.

Tomorrow will be sirloin strip, potato/egg salad, lettuce&tomato salad. More ice cream.

I should make some brownies. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2015, 03:07 PM
(03-07-2015 02:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Here's my recipe.

[Image: zatarains-rice-mixes.jpg]

Yup mine has about 1/10th the salt content and no unpronounceable ingredients, so you know slight difference.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Way too many cherries. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post