Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
22-07-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(21-07-2015 01:14 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'll be making NY strips for my son and myself tonight ... I've got him for a month. Smile Baked potatoes and corn-on-the-cob for sides.

This is how they came out:

[Image: wbf5eh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Yay, fatherhood! Big Grin

I'm still trying to plan what I'm gonna cook for my son when he gets here, Sunday. I get him for a week, though part of that's gonna be down in Louisiana with my folks and various aunts/uncles/cousins, who are no doubt gonna be making me a lot of Cajun food (which my very Kansan son is unlikely to like, so it may take more preparation, come to think of it).

I see a LOT of starch on that plate. Bet he was happy. Looks good though.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
22-07-2015, 09:55 AM
(22-07-2015 09:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yay, fatherhood! Big Grin

I'm still trying to plan what I'm gonna cook for my son when he gets here, Sunday. I get him for a week, though part of that's gonna be down in Louisiana with my folks and various aunts/uncles/cousins, who are no doubt gonna be making me a lot of Cajun food (which my very Kansan son is unlikely to like, so it may take more preparation, come to think of it).

I see a LOT of starch on that plate. Bet he was happy. Looks good though.

Enjoy your time together, brotha. How old is your son?
22-07-2015, 12:50 PM
He'll be 9 on September 1st. Smile

Can already kick my ass at videogames.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
22-07-2015, 04:23 PM
(22-07-2015 12:50 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  He'll be 9 on September 1st. Smile

Can already kick my ass at videogames.

Get used to it, bud. I taught my son to play Total Annihilation, now he challenges me to matches with a laugh, knowing that if I'm bold enough to accept he'll still whip my ass.

'Course, I'll be teaching him to drive a stick shift in these few weeks ... payback's a bitch. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
24-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I had dinner with my co-workers tonight at a buffet. First time I had steak in almost 9 weeks. The buffet was okay, although my co-workers which included an Englishman, a Pilipino, a Thai and a Chinese thought it was amazing. The other American and I looked at each other and thought otherwise. They had a blend of western and eastern food. Highlight was the ice cream The spaghetti was the worst part of the dinner. It was basically grounded pork mixed with ketchup and tomatoes.

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
24-07-2015, 11:35 AM
What's for supper? Beer.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Pasta for dinner tonight. Yum!
26-07-2015, 09:20 AM
(24-07-2015 11:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Pasta for dinner tonight. Yum!

So every saturday and sunday morning, once the wife and I get done sleeping in, snuggling and......well you know...we shower and I make breakfast. It is close to an English breakfast, and I must admit, my fine tuning of this meal over having made it or a version of it hundreds of times has ruined the fun of going out for breakfact because why get dressed and go out and pay to have a 3 out of 10 meal, when I can stay home in my boxers and make a 10 out of 10 meal Big Grin

My wife sure does seem to enjoy it, over there moaning, sipping coffee and orange juice while relishing every bite...

- Poached eggs
- sometimes ham thinly sliced and lightly warmed, sometimes an occasional hot dog sliced length wise and pan fried
- I cut up potatoes, garnished with green peppers and onions and stir fry them in a pan
- fresh grape tomatoes from our qarden picked the day before and chilled in fridge
- buttermilk biscuits with either honey or strawberry jelly
- cold, right out of the can bush brand beans on the side (wife loves them)

the pic doesnt do it justice Drooling

[Image: 2ltt0ef.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-07-2015, 09:25 AM
(26-07-2015 09:20 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 11:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Pasta for dinner tonight. Yum!

So every saturday and sunday morning, once the wife and I get done sleeping in, snuggling and......well you know...we shower and I make breakfast. It is close to an English breakfast, and I must admit, my fine tuning of this meal over having made it or a version of it hundreds of times has ruined the fun of going out for breakfact because why get dressed and go out and pay to have a 3 out of 10 meal, when I can stay home in my boxers and make a 10 out of 10 meal Big Grin

My wife sure does seem to enjoy it, over there moaning, sipping coffee and orange juice while relishing every bite...

- Poached eggs
- sometimes ham thinly sliced and lightly warmed, sometimes an occasional hot dog sliced length wise and pan fried
- I cut up potatoes, garnished with green peppers and onions and stir fry them in a pan
- fresh grape tomatoes from our qarden picked the day before and chilled in fridge
- buttermilk biscuits with either honey or strawberry jelly
- cold, right out of the can bush brand beans on the side (wife loves them)

the pic doesnt do it justice Drooling

[Image: 2ltt0ef.jpg]

You should open a B&B!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post