Lake of fire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: Lake of fire
Which means there is bullshit in the bible. The christians must either admit that this quote is true or it is not true.
Now which one is it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 01:53 PM
They would insist that there is none. Understandable, I suppose, based upon the stronghold of religion in this world, . . . but a good bit of it really IS unrealistic and not at all literal.
27-02-2014, 01:57 PM
(27-02-2014 01:53 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  They would insist that there is none. Understandable, I suppose, based upon the stronghold of religion in this world, . . . but a good bit of it really IS unrealistic and not at all literal.

If it's not literal then what does it mean?
27-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Again, . . . any actual meaning may very well be lost in time.
27-02-2014, 03:00 PM
(27-02-2014 02:59 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Again, . . . any actual meaning may very well be lost in time.
Is this verse a part of christianity or not?
27-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Yep! Sure is. They will see it as absolute . . . and the future telling of later events to come. And they will not [seemingly] blink an eye at the possibility of humans "burning in an eternal fire".
27-02-2014, 10:00 PM
(27-02-2014 05:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  'Lake of fire' could be a good name for a chilli sauce.

Or some gothrock or deathmetal band or something..

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
28-02-2014, 03:29 AM
(27-02-2014 10:00 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 05:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  'Lake of fire' could be a good name for a chilli sauce.

Or some gothrock or deathmetal band or something..

Maybe that's what the lake of fire is. After all, a real lake of fire would burn you up before you even landed in it and I don't think that the babble mentions anywhere about being given a non-flammable body that feels pain.

But if its a lake of chilli sauce with death-metal being played in the background, well that could work, probably not for eternity though.
28-02-2014, 07:56 AM
I've always wondered how a LITERAL fire would affect a spirit being, like an angel [fallen angel/demon]? If humans DID go to such a place after they died, and were also "souls", . . . a literal fire would be equally ineffective on them. I think that's why the church I used to go to taught that "the damned would be ressurected with indestructable bodies that WOULD feel the pain of the fire". If that were the case, . . . . . . what an immoral and evil entity it would who would make such a place AND transform humans to feel it for an eternity. That someone COULD "still worship this entity" would show their COMPLETE lack of morals or ethics. If you are to "be for god", . . . then you would HAVE to agree with everything that "god" did, . . . so you would be as evil as the "god" who would serve. If you DIDN'T agree with this "god", then it would know your true nature and you would burn as well.

I'm glad none of this is true.
28-02-2014, 07:57 AM
(28-02-2014 07:56 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  I've always wondered how a LITERAL fire would affect a spirit being, like an angel [fallen angel/demon]? If humans DID go to such a place after they died, and were also "souls", . . . a literal fire would be equally ineffective on them. I think that's why the church I used to go to taught that "the damned would be ressurected with indestructable bodies that WOULD feel the pain of the fire". If that were the case, . . . . . . what an immoral and evil entity it would who would make such a place AND transform humans to feel it for an eternity. That someone COULD "still worship this entity" would show their COMPLETE lack of morals or ethics. If you are to "be for god", . . . then you would HAVE to agree with everything that "god" did, . . . so you would be as evil as the "god" who would serve. If you DIDN'T agree with this "god", then it would know your true nature and you would burn as well.

I'm glad none of this is true.

All you have to do is to convince yourself that those people who go to hell deserve it ;D