Lamar Smith R-TX

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Lamar Smith R-TX
Chairman of the House Science, Space and Technology committee. I found out about him recently. He is a christian dingbat who denies both human aided global warming and evolution. He still chairs an important scientific committee in the House.

If one needs further proof that we are at peril as a country because we allow the foxes into the hen house I do not know what to say.

I have no great love for either american political party (I am far to the left of both). But, to allow a person of such obvious failings to chair a committee who he has no reasonable reason to be part of points out the hubris and arrogance of the "republicans".

google his name you will be shocked by what you find. Remember it is the House Science, Space and Technology committee.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Lamar Smith R-TX
Shocked me when I first saw it also. I'm not sure whether I'm sad or relieved that our scientists aren't involved in politics. Consider

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
29-01-2014, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 10:46 PM by toadaly.)
The ones that aren't imbeciles, are criminals. Some are both.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
29-01-2014, 10:41 PM
(29-01-2014 10:29 PM)toadaly Wrote:  The ones that are imbeciles, are criminals. Some are both.

What?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
29-01-2014, 10:47 PM
(29-01-2014 10:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 10:29 PM)toadaly Wrote:  The ones that are imbeciles, are criminals. Some are both.

What?

...sorry, I often skip or jumble letters. i corrected it. Should have ben aren't.

29-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Whatever keeps the tech jobs in Asia is OK by me.

Thumbsup

29-01-2014, 11:01 PM
(29-01-2014 10:47 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...sorry, I often skip or jumble letters. i corrected it. Should have ben aren't.
It should have also been "been." Drinking Beverage

[Image: Y5tGBer.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
29-01-2014, 11:06 PM
(29-01-2014 11:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 10:47 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...sorry, I often skip or jumble letters. i corrected it. Should have ben aren't.
It should have also been "been." Drinking Beverage

[Image: Y5tGBer.jpg]

...and sentences shouldn't start with ellipses. And, "sorry" should have ben capitalized as a result. And I should have put a comma after "skip" and i should have capitalized "i".

(wait for it....Big Grin)

[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
29-01-2014, 11:08 PM
There are a lot of shitheads in the GOP. Every so often a turd will float to the top of the seniority list on a committee.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
29-01-2014, 11:16 PM
(29-01-2014 11:08 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  There are a lot of shitheads in the GOP. Every so often a turd will float to the top of the seniority list on a committee.

No doubt. But is it just the GOP?