Lame Duck Hillary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: Lame Duck Hillary
I came up with a speech in my head I wanted to give to my fellow Americans, one of those daydreams you have when you are driving down the highway lost in thought, it went something like this.

We all love this country, we all want it to be prosperous and just and great. The difference is how to go about it. I need to give you the benefit of the doubt that you truly feel this way and you need to do the same for me. We all need to sit down at the negotiating table with open minds and a willingness to hear the other out and most importantly going in knowing that we both will have to compromise.

There isn't one right way to govern and the best we can do is make sure we get the BIG picture right. Long term planning by laying down the road map of where we want to end up is key. After we are in agreement then the Devil is in the details, we both know this, and this is where sometimes we'll try it your way and in others my way but without acrimony.

There are 320 million of us and the leaders all up and down the chain of public service and halls of power need to be pragmatic and selfless. Public servants need to remind themselves of this and remind each other that the best compromises leave both sides wanting more. The only way to move forward is if we work together for the common good.

Like I said, just daydreaming. Confused

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-11-2016, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 03:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-11-2016 11:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Just in case my prediction falls short and Hillary Clinton becomes president (she's leading in most polls and is a 2 to 1 favorite on fivethirtyeight): It might be that she's a lame duck. Fivethirtyeight currently has a greater chance that republicans keep the senate. No supreme court picks. Gridlock. Endless investigations. And republicans are favored to win even more seats in 2018.

Or do you think they'll work together for once?

I just saw a clip of Hillary establishing her bona fides using her relationships with a bunch of former Presidents and other muckety mucks. she specifically pointed out her relationship with Gerald Ford as some sorta former RNC worker. That indicates to me that she is trying to reassure we da sheeple that she'll be able to work with a Republican Congress. I actually think she will be able to work with Ryan better than and specifically because of Trump. The not completely batshit bonkers caucus will realize they have to minimize without marginalizing the completely batshit bonkers caucus. I think the not so batshit bonkers would actually like to, you know, maybe govern. Maybe accomplish a thing or two that all except the batshit bokers among us can agree on.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-11-2016, 03:54 PM
(07-11-2016 01:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Perosonally tomorrow can't come fast enough.

That ain't no shit! Undecided
I'm setting my alarm for 5 o' friggin clock in the morning. Dodgy Vote Hilary, NO on Missouri Amendment 3, and play connect the dots with the rest of the choices. Tongue

07-11-2016, 04:33 PM
(07-11-2016 03:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 01:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Perosonally tomorrow can't come fast enough.

I'm setting my alarm for 5 o' friggin clock in the morning. Dodgy Vote Hilary, NO on Missouri Amendment 3, and play connect the dots with the rest of the choices. Tongue

No early voting in Missouri? How inconvenient.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Sounds to me like you're getting nervous that your douche is gonna lose.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-11-2016, 04:40 PM
(07-11-2016 03:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

What's the amendment 3 about exactly? (from what I could find its about a potential increse on tobacco product taxes)

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
07-11-2016, 04:41 PM
(07-11-2016 04:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 03:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  That ain't no shit! Undecided

No early voting in Missouri? How inconvenient.

No early voting, and absentee requires a brand of excuse I can't muster! Undecided
Feckin Misery! Dodgy