Land's End Pulls Equal Rights Message Because... Religious Backlash

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Land's End Pulls Equal Rights Message Because... Religious Backlash
"Lands' End apologized Thursday for featuring feminist icon Gloria Steinem in its spring catalog and scrubbed all mentions of her from its website after receiving blowback from some customers.

"We understand that some of our customers were offended by the inclusion of an interview in a recent catalog with Gloria Steinem on her quest for women's equality," the company said in a statement. "We thought it was a good idea and we heard from our customers that, for different reasons, it wasn't. For that, we sincerely apologize."

It was a good idea, actually.

But here's the sort of thing they heard:"

cont...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles...olumn.html

No, why would women want equal rights, ha, what a stupid idea, when you can have god approved misogyny instead!

I've not only posted my ire to their pages, FB and such I'm emailing them a letter that I'm drafting this weekend. What a bunch of gutless fuckers. (Ok, Maybe I won't put that in it.) It's bad enough we have women in the 21st century who fight and vote against their own best interest because "religion" but these companies that don't have the guts to stand up to them and their religious misogyny need some serious backlash from the backlash. AngryCensoredAngry

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Heatheness's post
27-02-2016, 11:40 AM
RE: Land's End Pulls Equal Rights Message Because... Religious Backlash
That's some pretty crap strategy from marketing department Big Grin What a bunch of witless clowns. Now they've managed to offend both the conservative Christee "I want a man to tell me what to do" brigade *and* the liberal crowd.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-03-2016, 11:53 PM
I wish I knew more about her, but I don't. Based on a very quick google search seems like Land's End has a problem with their leadership having no backbone. If you want to make a stance, make it and stick by it. Not sure why there was controversy, but if it was unjustified backlash, fuck em. A better idea is not to have a merchandiser make political statements. It's never good for your bottom line. Once you made it though, don't pussy out. Sure fire way to piss of the other half of the people.

03-03-2016, 12:12 AM
(27-02-2016 11:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  That's some pretty crap strategy from marketing department

Is it though?

Up until 5 minutes ago, I'd never heard of either Lands' End or Gloria Steinem.

Now I have.

Job well done, Marketing Department ... have a pay rise.

Angel

03-03-2016, 12:26 AM
Controversy is the best way to generate free advertising.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-03-2016, 12:40 AM
A business attempted to please their customers? Oh, no-

Even if I loved Gloria I would understand that a business exists to generate profit: part of doing this is catering to your customers, no matter if they are religitards or not.

Secondly nobody finds Gloria or feminism reprehensible because one believes them to be all about equality; One opposes them because they believe they aren't. Specifically, though, Lands ends customers seemed to find Gloria's pro-abortion stance unfavourable. Now obviously that's dumb - but I'm not religious. But I'm also not a feminist, so I understand that a business may find catering to the biggest group of numbskulls profitable.

Thirdly, Lands end is American, in which women objectively have more legal rights than men. So one wonders what feminists mean when they say they want women to have equal rights... Do they want women to have less rights than they currantly do lol?
03-03-2016, 06:35 AM
(03-03-2016 12:40 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  A business attempted to please their customers? Oh, no-

Even if I loved Gloria I would understand that a business exists to generate profit: part of doing this is catering to your customers, no matter if they are religitards or not.

Businesses exist for whatever purposes the owners have for it; some are in business for more than just profit.

Quote:Secondly nobody finds Gloria or feminism reprehensible because one believes them to be all about equality; One opposes them because they believe they aren't.
Specifically, though, Lands ends customers seemed to find Gloria's pro-abortion stance unfavourable. Now obviously that's dumb - but I'm not religious. But I'm also not a feminist, so I understand that a business may find catering to the biggest group of numbskulls profitable.

Some of Lands' End's customers objected.

Quote:Thirdly, Lands end is American, in which women objectively have more legal rights than men. So one wonders what feminists mean when they say they want women to have equal rights... Do they want women to have less rights than they currantly do lol?

Really? You're going to need to provide actual evidence for that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2016, 06:55 AM
Lands End is owned by Sears. It was purchased a few years ago but still runs under the Lands End name. Maybe Sears should be getting some blow back over this.

My best friend and her husband work at Lands End, according to them a lot of things have changed since the purchase was made.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-03-2016, 07:04 AM
(03-03-2016 06:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Really? You're going to need to provide actual evidence for that.

They have every legal right men have +

They also have the legal right to vote without conscripting; men don't.

They also have the legal right to genital integrity; boys don't.
03-03-2016, 07:25 AM
(03-03-2016 07:04 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 06:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Really? You're going to need to provide actual evidence for that.

They have every legal right men have +

They also have the legal right to vote without conscripting; men don't.

They also have the legal right to genital integrity; boys don't.

What the fuck is genital integrity and who's touching my junk without permission?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.