1) this is an assertion and you need to justify it
2) do you have a better option?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
22-03-2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Landlordism Causes Homelessness
People shouldn't rent?

I'm not following. As far as rents are concerned, the market will only bear what it can bear...If you don't have enough places to rent, the rent goes up, if there are too many available the rent goes down...

I'm not seeing where this directly causes homelessness. I know some are tossed out of their apartments, but in our area there's protections against no fault evictions.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Landlordism gives shelter to those who, in many other cases, would be homeless without the means to purchase a home.

Discuss.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
22-03-2017, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 11:21 AM by Full Circle.)
This is an unfinished high rise building in Venezuela after Chavez and Maduro came to power. It has no running water or electricity. Chavez declared that the owners of the building should give the people the units for free (communism). Without incentive to continue bank-rolling the construction the developer packed up and left. So far the Venezuelan government has yet to complete the buildings (like they ever intended to). These have been tagged as vertical slums.

Populism sounds great until you try and put it into practice, then it turns into a festering pile of shit with only the dictators living in lavish splendor.

[Image: 06.jpg]

[Image: tower-of-david-upper-stories.jpg]

Meanwhile at Miraflores, the Presidential palace...

[Image: caracas-venezuela-miraflores-presidentia...F19CAM.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
22-03-2017, 10:50 AM
(22-03-2017 10:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Landlordism gives shelter to those who, in many other cases, would be homeless without the means to purchase a home.

Discuss.

[Image: 1723581-14521016624522035-Hoya-Capital-Real-Estate.png]

Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
22-03-2017, 10:55 AM
(22-03-2017 10:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 10:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Landlordism gives shelter to those who, in many other cases, would be homeless without the means to purchase a home.

Discuss.

[Image: 1723581-14521016624522035-Hoya-Capital-Real-Estate.png]

Big Grin

[Image: welcome-to-the-gs55ws.jpg]

Cool

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-03-2017, 11:01 AM
In the US affordable housing is not the leading cause of chronic homelessness. Mental illness and substance abuse are. There is some that are homeless due to lack of cheap housing, but it is much more likely that a homeless person will be mentally ill or a drug addict. Which would point to our problem with homelessness being a result of a failure in our public health care system and disregard of mental health treatment, especially for veterans.

There is little alternative option to private land ownership. There are efforts in some cities to build tiny home parks for the homeless with medical facilities and gardens. These have met with some success, although I'm not sure if this is due to the homes themselves or due to the care and community that comes with it. This is not a large-scale solution for the entire population. It simply isn't viable.
[+] 6 users Like natachan's post
22-03-2017, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 12:58 PM by Fred Hampton.)
The 2nd most biggest, fattest, most landownininist feudalistic style LANDLORD in the good ol' UFSA: Ted That-lib'rul-Jane-Fonda-got-half-my-$-and-I'm-still-livin'-LARGE! Turner, woohoo!

Quote:Mr. Turner is the second largest individual landowner in North America, with approximately two million acres (it's more than that)of personal and ranch land in 11 U.S. states and Argentina. Mr. Turner owns nineteen ranches – sixteen in the western U.S. and three in Argentina.
[Image: 4eac8d258cb12.preview-620.jpg?crop=400%2...p%2Cresize]
Wow, look @ all dem cattles!
22-03-2017, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 11:23 AM by Fred Hampton.)
[Image: homeless-people-and-peopleless-homes.png]

Quote:New York Has More Vacant Buildings and Lots Than It Has Homeless People
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/new-yor...le-6676558

[Image: homelessstats2.jpg]

Cuz, landord$. Bowing