Landlordism Causes Homelessness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: Landlordism Causes Homelessness
Quote:"Zuckerberg is saying he wants to respect the local culture and Hawaiian values but … I was always taught that if there was a dispute with somebody you go and knock on their door, sit down, and you kukakuka [discuss] and you hooponopono [make it right]," said Hawaii state representative Kaniela Ing of Maui. "You don’t initiate conversation by filing a lawsuit"...

lol

Oh sure. I'm sure they could just march right up to his $100M mansion

He loves the place. So would anyone I suppose but how the fuck could anyone possibly think it's right for one person to own 700 acres of it? I get a nice place. A great view. A nice yard for the dogs. But how inflated does your ego have to be to think, "A man like me should own 700 acres of some of the most beautiful land on earth"?

I can hear people saying he earned it, it his money...

I can't relate to that all. You have to be a dick to even consider it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
23-03-2017, 05:50 PM
(23-03-2017 05:37 PM)ImFred Wrote:  He loves the place. So would anyone I suppose but how the fuck could anyone possibly think it's right for one person to own 700 acres of it? I get a nice place. A great view. A nice yard for the dogs. But how inflated does your ego have to be to think, "A man like me should own 700 acres of some of the most beautiful land on earth"?

I can hear people saying he earned it, it his money...

I can't relate to that all. You have to be a dick to even consider it.

I’m not sure I agree or disagree with you. The question that immediately comes to mind is what would you say the cut-off should be? 7 acres? 70? Who determines it?
Sincere questions, I’mFred.

Hopefully you read my previous post where I say tax brackets should be raised to historical levels of 70% so I’m not a proponent of capitalism run amok.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-03-2017, 06:08 PM
(23-03-2017 05:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m not sure I agree or disagree with you [ImFred]. The question that immediately comes to mind is what would you say the cut-off should be? 7 acres? 70? Who determines it?

I don't think one can talk about any "cut-off" point under this scenario. At the moment hundreds of Hawaiian natives have small land holdings within the boundary Zuckerberg's 700 acres. These so-called "quiet title" law suits can result in owners being forced to sell their land at auction. In some cases, defendants are even required to pay the legal fees of the plaintiff—in this case Zuckerberg, the world’s 5th richest man. For these people as native Hawaiians, the land is their ancestor. "It’s a grandparent," one said, "You just don’t sell your grandmother".

The defendants in Zuckerberg’s lawsuits are descendants of the original 1850 Kuleana Act title holders of these small parcels.

Zuckerberg says he wants "to find all these partial owners so we can pay them their fair share". Oh yeah, I bet LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-03-2017, 06:15 PM
(23-03-2017 06:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 05:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m not sure I agree or disagree with you [ImFred]. The question that immediately comes to mind is what would you say the cut-off should be? 7 acres? 70? Who determines it?

I don't think one can talk about any "cut-off" point under this scenario. At the moment hundreds of Hawaiian natives have small land holdings within the boundary Zuckerberg's 700 acres. These so-called "quiet title" law suits can result in owners being forced to sell their land at auction. In some cases, defendants are even required to pay the legal fees of the plaintiff—in this case Zuckerberg, the world’s 5th richest man. For these people as native Hawaiians, the land is their ancestor. "It’s a grandparent," one said, "You just don’t sell your grandmother".

The defendants in Zuckerberg’s lawsuits are descendants of the original 1850 Kuleana Act title holders of these small parcels.

Zuckerberg says he wants "to find all these partial owners so we can pay them their fair share". Oh yeah, I bet LOL.

Except he dropped the lawsuit -- actually it's unclear that he ever filed one formally. It was announced shortly after the story broke.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-03-2017, 06:16 PM
If I had Zukerberg money I would buy up everything I could in Hatteras. But all the other natives of there would be welcome to stay as long as they wanted. Thumbsup I would need people who know how to survive the weather up there.

btw - I am a native so I would be going home.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Quote:I’m not sure I agree or disagree with you. The question that immediately comes to mind is what would you say the cut-off should be? 7 acres? 70? Who determines it?

Well there are going to be layers to my answer. As an anarchist I object to the idea of private property and to the very existence of money. I believe that money should be abolished. Unless he has a genuine tie to the land or could carve out a cooperative agreement with the people who do I don't think he should have any right to ownership of any of the land there. So for me, the cut off point would be zero acres. No land at all.

However, assuming I still live on planet earth, how much land should one person legally be able to own in a place like this? First off, the locals should have full say through the democratic process how much of the land should remain public. However, they should not be allowed to vote to allow more land to be open to industrialization or residential ownership. How much land by law should one person be allowed to own in Hawaii? A quarter of an acre. That's where I would cut it.
23-03-2017, 07:02 PM
(23-03-2017 06:56 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:I’m not sure I agree or disagree with you. The question that immediately comes to mind is what would you say the cut-off should be? 7 acres? 70? Who determines it?

Well there are going to be layers to my answer. As an anarchist I object to the idea of private property and to the very existence of money. I believe that money should be abolished. Unless he has a genuine tie to the land or could carve out a cooperative agreement with the people who do I don't think he should have any right to ownership of any of the land there. So for me, the cut off point would be zero acres. No land at all.

However, assuming I still live on planet earth, how much land should one person legally be able to own in a place like this? First off, the locals should have full say through the democratic process how much of the land should remain public. However, they should not be allowed to vote to allow more land to be open to industrialization or residential ownership. How much land by law should one person be allowed to own in Hawaii? A quarter of an acre. That's where I would cut it.

Thank you for your answer.

Money has a broad definition. As you know anything that we trade that we feel has value can be used as money; beaver pelts, horses, shells, precious metals, Bitcoin as well as fiat money. How do you propose individuals trade with one another without a value mechanism?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-03-2017, 11:21 PM
(23-03-2017 06:56 PM)ImFred Wrote:  

If you're an anarchist, how do you propose to prevent me from owning as much land as I like? How do you propose all these laws to be implemented if at the same time the legal system should be abolished? If I, Mr Strong Man, decide to fuck everyone over, what recourse do you have?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-03-2017, 11:36 PM
(23-03-2017 06:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Except he dropped the lawsuit -- actually it's unclear that he ever filed one formally. It was announced shortly after the story broke.

Oh... thanks Mom. I hadn't read about that. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Quote:How do you propose individuals trade with one another without a value mechanism?

I'm not even sure I want trade.

I definitely don't want to continue with a system where paper has ludicrous power because powerful people printed numbers on it. I hope everyone loses faith in money currency and it becomes meaningless.

Hunter gathers didn't use money. In fact, we as a species that has evolved from our biological ancestors have only used money for a microscopic blip in time. No other living species on earth uses money. That's not the only thing that makes us unique but I do believe there's a causal link between our monetary system and capacity and willingness to accept destruction. Would I prefer to return to the hunter gatherer way of life? Yes. I think it would be much better than the ecological hell we've created.