Landlordism Causes Homelessness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 08:07 AM
RE: Landlordism Causes Homelessness
I know what you mean. Maybe there are better ideas here:

https://www.amazon.com/Inventing-Future-...1784780960

Quote:A major new manifesto for a high-tech future free from work

Neoliberalism isn’t working. Austerity is forcing millions into poverty and many more into precarious work, while the left remains trapped in stagnant political practices that offer no respite.

Inventing the Future is a bold new manifesto for life after capitalism. Against the confused understanding of our high-tech world by both the right and the left, this book claims that the emancipatory and future-oriented possibilities of our society can be reclaimed. Instead of running from a complex future, Nick Srnicek and Alex Williams demand a postcapitaiist economy capable of advancing standards, liberating humanity from work and developing technologies that expand our freedoms.

I haven't read it but it looks interesting.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: Landlordism Causes Homelessness
(24-03-2017 08:07 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I know what you mean. Maybe there are better ideas here:

https://www.amazon.com/Inventing-Future-...1784780960

Quote:A major new manifesto for a high-tech future free from work

Neoliberalism isn’t working. Austerity is forcing millions into poverty and many more into precarious work, while the left remains trapped in stagnant political practices that offer no respite.

Inventing the Future is a bold new manifesto for life after capitalism. Against the confused understanding of our high-tech world by both the right and the left, this book claims that the emancipatory and future-oriented possibilities of our society can be reclaimed. Instead of running from a complex future, Nick Srnicek and Alex Williams demand a postcapitaiist economy capable of advancing standards, liberating humanity from work and developing technologies that expand our freedoms.

I haven't read it but it looks interesting.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply