Landlordism Causes Homelessness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: Landlordism Causes Homelessness
And your issue with this is what exactly? Cattle ranching takes land, and a lot of it.

Homelessness is mainly an urban issue anyway. The ownership of grazing land has little bearing on this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 11:23 AM
(22-03-2017 11:08 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  [Image: homeless-people-and-peopleless-homes.png]

Quote:New York Has More Vacant Buildings and Lots Than It Has Homeless People

[Image: homelessstats2.jpg]

Cuz, landord$. Bowing

So how many people live for free in your second bedroom? Consider

Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-03-2017, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 11:29 AM by Fred Hampton.)
(22-03-2017 11:09 AM)natachan Wrote:  And your issue with this is what exactly? Cattle ranching takes land, and a lot of it.

Homelessness is mainly an urban issue anyway. The ownership of grazing land has little bearing on this.
Try to follow me here: IF The Man didnt own and LORD over so much LAND, the peeps could be out there livin' on the LAND like they used to back in the day b4 The Man pushed them off the LAND into them bad ol' crowded citays. Wink

Neo-feudalism in 'Murica!
22-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Noooo..... most of the grazing land lays fallow before someone puts cows on it. No one is living there. It's not like we are bulldozing small cities to graze cattle. Neither are the mechanization of farms causing homelessness, which would be a stronger argument since fewer people are needed to work the land.

And that's irrelevant anyway since, like I said before, chronic homelessness is more of a big city thing. It simply isn't a thing in rural areas.
22-03-2017, 11:31 AM
(22-03-2017 11:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 11:08 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  [Image: homeless-people-and-peopleless-homes.png]

[Image: homelessstats2.jpg]

Cuz, landord$. Bowing

Laugh out load
I gots a communist commune goin' on up in har'. Ain't used bad ol' $ in yeeeaaars! In fact, I hold the world's record!

(p.s., $ is FAKE! Wink )
22-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Can you expound on this at all? So far you have posted single sentences or drawings without an actual connection. The homeless problem in the US is much more closely related to addiction and mental health than the cost of rent. In fact kids being kick out for being gay/trans is a higher cause of homelessness than the price of rent.

That being said a higher percentage of income goes towards rent/food than ever before in American history. I think that has far more to do with stagnant wages than people renting places to live to others.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-03-2017, 11:36 AM
*thinks someone needs a tissue*

[Image: tumblr_mk5l5blvTf1qejbnno3_500.gif]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
22-03-2017, 11:39 AM
(22-03-2017 11:31 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  I gots a communist commune goin' on up in har'. Ain't used bad ol' $ in yeeeaaars! In fact, I hold the world's record!

(p.s., $ is FAKE! Wink )

POE
22-03-2017, 11:45 AM
(22-03-2017 10:33 AM)natachan Wrote:  ...
2) do you have a better option?

Monasteries.

Yes, I'm serious. I think the US will go back to that model after their next great depression and Civil War (coming soon to a theatre near you).

(22-03-2017 11:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
Laugh out load

Three.

Or there were three in there (the room with one bed) when I left on Tuesday morning. Yet, the third bedroom which has two single beds was empty.

Go figure.

Huh

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-03-2017, 11:45 AM
(22-03-2017 11:01 AM)natachan Wrote:  In the US affordable housing is not the leading cause of chronic homelessness. Mental illness and substance abuse are. There is some that are homeless due to lack of cheap housing, but it is much more likely that a homeless person will be mentally ill or a drug addict. Which would point to our problem with homelessness being a result of a failure in our public health care system and disregard of mental health treatment, especially for veterans.

There is little alternative option to private land ownership. There are efforts in some cities to build tiny home parks for the homeless with medical facilities and gardens. These have met with some success, although I'm not sure if this is due to the homes themselves or due to the care and community that comes with it. This is not a large-scale solution for the entire population. It simply isn't viable.

Spot on, man. This is the problem. Take care of folks who need it. Many years ago the state dumped a whole lot of mentally ill out and quit taking them, and those people were the core of the homeless population in our state from that point forward.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post