Landlordism Causes Homelessness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: Landlordism Causes Homelessness
(22-03-2017 11:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 10:33 AM)natachan Wrote:  ...
2) do you have a better option?

Monasteries.

Yes, I'm serious. I think the US will go back to that model after their next great depression and Civil War (coming soon to a theatre near you).

(22-03-2017 11:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
So how many people live for free in your second bedroom? Consider
Laugh out load

Three.

Or there were three in there (the room with one bed) when I left on Tuesday morning. Yet, the third bedroom which has two single beds was empty.

Go figure.

Huh

Banana_zorro ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 12:12 PM
(22-03-2017 11:31 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  I gots a communist commune goin' on up in har'. Ain't used bad ol' $ in yeeeaaars! In fact, I hold the world's record!

Is there any particular reason you post a lot of comments in a sort of lightweight negro patois? It's somewhat irritating to read.

Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-03-2017, 12:15 PM
I'm wondering if Fred has any intention of actually engaging in this thread he started, otherwise I'll move it from this section.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2017, 12:20 PM
(22-03-2017 11:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 10:33 AM)natachan Wrote:  ...
2) do you have a better option?

Monasteries.

Yes, I'm serious. I think the US will go back to that model after their next great depression and Civil War (coming soon to a theatre near you).

(22-03-2017 11:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
So how many people live for free in your second bedroom? Consider
Laugh out load

Three.

Or there were three in there (the room with one bed) when I left on Tuesday morning. Yet, the third bedroom which has two single beds was empty.

Go figure.

Huh

Just because money didn’t change hands doesn’t mean it’s free Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-03-2017, 12:39 PM
(22-03-2017 12:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 11:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ...
Three.

Go figure.

Huh

Just because money didn’t change hands doesn’t mean it’s free Angel

Fair comment. Inter-human transactions are, in fact, rarely financial.

However, there is no specific tariff (financial or otherwise) for living in the second bedroom... so my reply stands, prima facie, m'lud.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-03-2017, 12:43 PM
(22-03-2017 11:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Can you expound on this at all? So far you have posted single sentences or drawings without an actual connection. The homeless problem in the US is much more closely related to addiction and mental health than the cost of rent. In fact kids being kick out for being gay/trans is a higher cause of homelessness than the price of rent.

That being said a higher percentage of income goes towards rent/food than ever before in American history. I think that has far more to do with stagnant wages than people renting places to live to others.
Er, who.s talking about dee-fense?
22-03-2017, 12:50 PM
(22-03-2017 10:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 10:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Landlordism gives shelter to those who, in many other cases, would be homeless without the means to purchase a home.

Discuss.

[Image: 1723581-14521016624522035-Hoya-Capital-Real-Estate.png]

Big Grin
Yay for landlords, yaaaaay, serving the People, yaaaay!
22-03-2017, 01:34 PM
(22-03-2017 10:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People shouldn't rent?

I'm not following. As far as rents are concerned, the market will only bear what it can bear...If you don't have enough places to rent, the rent goes up, if there are too many available the rent goes down...

I'm not seeing where this directly causes homelessness. I know some are tossed out of their apartments, but in our area there's protections against no fault evictions.
What is rent?
22-03-2017, 01:53 PM
(22-03-2017 12:43 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 11:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Can you expound on this at all? So far you have posted single sentences or drawings without an actual connection. The homeless problem in the US is much more closely related to addiction and mental health than the cost of rent. In fact kids being kick out for being gay/trans is a higher cause of homelessness than the price of rent.

That being said a higher percentage of income goes towards rent/food than ever before in American history. I think that has far more to do with stagnant wages than people renting places to live to others.
Er, who.s talking about dee-fense?

So no you can't answer an honest question. Good to know.

[Image: JC_tyfubSHIRT_FINAL.png?itok=NC-kC4oI]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Landlordism Causes Homelessness
(22-03-2017 10:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People shouldn't rent?

I'm not following. As far as rents are concerned, the market will only bear what it can bear...If you don't have enough places to rent, the rent goes up, if there are too many available the rent goes down...

I'm not seeing where this directly causes homelessness. I know some are tossed out of their apartments, but in our area there's protections against no fault evictions.

Where I live the landlord has very little rights. All the rights belong to the tenant. You can't even evict them for non payment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk