Laney dies, Girly cries.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Laney dies, Girly cries.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: Laney dies, Girly cries.
"This was god's way... "

Makes me weep too.

25-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Gotta admit, my eyes are not dry either.

The one thing that gives me a sense of.....not joy.....satisfaction? I don't know the right word. There's no real silver lining to the story by any means. But the one thing that I like is that, given her hardship and the shittiness of her situation, at least the one thing that she experienced during her short existence is true love, compassion and empathy. She didn't lack for a shoulder to cry on, she had nothing but the world on her side. That makes me grin a bit. How many of us poor bastards will ever get that?

That's awesome if you ask me. It's a slight bit of justice for a poor sweet soul dealt a cruel death sentence before she had a chance to be corrupted enough to earn it like the rest of us. At least she had love.

Still sucks.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-12-2013, 06:14 AM
I'm scared to watch, my husband died two years ago yesterday, and I don't want to open the flood gates again.

I think it matters a lot that you die surrounded by love. There is a peace and contentment. And that, in turn, gives peace to the survivors.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-12-2013, 11:08 AM
(26-12-2013 06:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'm scared to watch, my husband died two years ago yesterday, and I don't want to open the flood gates again.

I think it matters a lot that you die surrounded by love. There is a peace and contentment. And that, in turn, gives peace to the survivors.

(hug)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
27-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Hope and compassion.

Want something? Then do something.