Language learning sites

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 12:38 PM
RE: Language learning sites
(03-04-2012 12:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I tried to teach myself Japanese, Mandorin, and English. So far the best I can do is gibberish, but I hope to someday be able to speak and write english without stumbling.

Well there's your problem.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Japanese is really easy to understand, it's my favorite language makes so much sense. French I'm learning more due to necessity =p I bought the rosetta stone stuff, but can't find the discs (new computer). I'm also in no way a canadian =p I am just a visitor here till August 21st. Every answer that was permanent led to a lot of needs I can't fulfill yet, so I came to make sure it was worth all the trouble.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
03-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I'd love to learn Mandarin.
03-04-2012, 12:41 PM
(03-04-2012 12:40 PM)kineo Wrote:  I'd love to learn Mandorin.

lucradis'd

03-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Out of all the mandarin I went over all I figured out how to say was Hi how are you today?

Seriously, me and languages are not compatible. Besides that one is really all about inflection instead of overall vocabulary. It's all in how you say something that defines the words being used. Otherwise you're probably just going around asking people to stab you because their mothers are evil succubi.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2012, 12:45 PM
(03-04-2012 12:43 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Out of all the mandarin I went over all I figured out how to say was Hi how are you today?

Seriously, me and languages are not compatible. Besides that one is really all about inflection instead of overall vocabulary. It's all in how you say something that defines the words being used. Otherwise you're probably just going around asking people to stab you because their mothers are evil succubi.
Yeah, I had a friend accidentally asked someone where "Dragon Penis Ville" was because his inflection was wrong.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
03-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah I was gonna learn chinese then I ran for the hills =p I'll get to it eventually but for now I'd rather refrain from calling someone's mother a horse =p

ma can mean either =p and those 4 inflection forms are really confusing. Makes you wonder how accent works.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
03-04-2012, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:14 PM by tazmin98.)
(03-04-2012 09:11 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  http://www.livemocha.com/ is the best. c:
Thanks for the site! Big Grin I'm going to learn Italian. I could have have chosen a language for my GCSE options but I don't like French, too many rules Shocking or I might just do French since its familiar.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
03-04-2012, 01:00 PM
I did a speed learning of italian still have a lot of principles but not the language. Had a quick session before my trip there.

03-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Livemocha seems like a great site, thanks for the link!