Larry Bird turns 60

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Larry Bird turns 60
Bird retired in 1993, for those of you old enough to remember his play and for those of you who haven’t seen what the guy could do on a basketball court feast your eyes on this compilation.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-12-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: Larry Bird turns 60
Happy Birthday, LB! As a former Boston girl, he has a special place in my heart.

[Image: quote-push-yourself-again-and-again-don-...-73-90.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-02-2017, 01:30 PM
The Celtics weren't much liked in the South, but everyone respected the skills of the Birdman. He is a legend, and probably in the top five players in basketball history. You can't NOT like him.

06-02-2017, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 01:52 PM by Mr. Boston.)
I grew up in Boston in the 80s. I haven't really watched basketball since he retired; other than casually glancing at it in a bar now and then. It is a different sport now, and it's not for me. Truly a legend.

As an aside there's a social network/app for beer-drinking called Untappd. I joined up when some buddies told me about it and we all took names based on "Dream Team" members, so one is Scottie Sippin', another is Charles Barley, etc. I came up with Larry Blurred myself. Hey it was funny after drinking beer all afternoon.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
06-02-2017, 01:50 PM
He was the enemy. Our local team, the Milwaukee Bucks, were pretty good during Bird's career, making the playoffs more often than not, but they never made it to an NBA final during those years, because standing in the way every year were Bird's Celtics or Julius Erving's 76ers, and both teams were just better than the Bucks.

Enemy or not, though, he was undeniably a great player, a great competitor, and as nice a person as you'll find in pro sports. Hats off to him.
06-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Probably the best set shot ever. Big Grin

#sigh
07-02-2017, 04:06 PM

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Three times I read that title. Three fucking times. Still couldn't figure out how Lady Bird managed to go backward. Facepalm

I was really busy at work today and my eyes and brain are fried. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post