Lars von Trier's "Depression Trilogy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Lars von Trier's "Depression Trilogy"
QC and I watched 2 out of 3 (Melancholia and Nymphomaniac); however, we think we're going to skip Antichrist. I read the synopsis... and yeah, I don't want to see it.

On the other hand, Melancholia was great. 7 out of 10 stars from me.

Nymphomaniac was just incredible. 8.5 stars out of 10.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
27-07-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: Lars von Trier's "Depression Trilogy"
I also enjoyed Melancholia, beautiful cinematography, and Nymphomaniac is on my list (so loooong though). Antichrist as described by my movie buff friends sounds horrifying, but I am morbidly curious, I might consider it as an October flick when I'm more in the mood for that sort of thing. It is after all just fiction, but considering my gal pal who I share a lot of favorite/hated movies in common absolutely hated it, I must say I'm hesitant.

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
27-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I'm just not in the mood to watch a woman go crazy and get depressed because her baby fell out the window because she was having sex with her husband. In turn, this causes her to mutilate her and her husband's genitals.

Just no.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-07-2015, 04:25 PM
(27-07-2015 02:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, I'm just not in the mood to watch a woman go crazy and get depressed because her baby fell out the window because she was having sex with her husband. In turn, this causes her to mutilate her and her husband's genitals.

Just no.

I've only seen one of von Trier's movies (Dancing in the Dark), and I disliked it. What I've read about the other ones gives me no reason to suspect that I would like them any better, so I haven't bothered to watch any of them. His way of looking at things just isn't agreeable to me.