Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2017, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 01:28 PM by BikerDude.)
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
(02-10-2017 01:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I don't know if this article is true, but here it is.
http://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-gun-la...ada-675310

Quote:Nevada law does not require firearms owners to have licenses, register their weapons, or limits the number of firearms an individual posses. Automatic assault weapons and machine guns are also legal in the state as long as they are registered and are possessed in adherence to federal law, according to the National Rifle Association.

No that's horse shit.
Machine guns are prohibited at a federal level.
The states can't allow automatic weapons.
This statement is misleading.
Quote:Automatic assault weapons and machine guns are also legal in the state as long as they are registered and possessed in adherence to federal law, according to the National Rifle Association.
That is true in any state. The point is automatic weapons are federally controlled.
And the permit to possess one is very very difficult to get.
And it is obtained from the Federal Government.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 01:32 PM
(02-10-2017 01:24 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  That is true in any state. The point is automatic weapons are federally controlled.

Not that difficult. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
02-10-2017, 01:37 PM
(02-10-2017 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 01:24 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  That is true in any state. The point is automatic weapons are federally controlled.

Perhaps not that difficult to fill out that form and submit it (although not trivial either -- my federal and state tax forms combined are shorter than that one), but if the weapon in question is fully automatic, what are the chances of getting it approved?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
02-10-2017, 01:37 PM
(02-10-2017 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Quote:Step 1-You must find a dealer with a Class III FFL as they're the only ones who may deal in NFA weapons (machine guns, silencers, etc.) and select a weapon that was registered in the NFA registry before 1986 (this only applies for full-auto, silencers and AOW can be brand new)

Step 2-You must make your application to both the federal gov't and your local chief law enforcement officer, both must approve.

Step 3-Pay the $200 tax stamp

Step 4-Take posession of your weapon.

The largest impediment is that the NFA registry was closed to full-auto in 1986, therefore only LEOs or Class III FFL's may legally posess a post-86 full auto. Because of this, the price of pre-86 full-autos is very high (typically $10K and up).

02-10-2017, 01:40 PM
(02-10-2017 01:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Perhaps not that difficult to fill out that form and submit it (although not trivial either -- my federal and state tax forms combined are shorter than that one), but if the weapon in question is fully automatic, what are the chances of getting it approved?

I know a guy who has several. He also has super-secret squirrel clearance, though. His attitude is if you have any doubts whatsoever that it will be approved, you probably shouldn't apply.

#sigh
02-10-2017, 01:52 PM
(02-10-2017 01:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 01:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Perhaps not that difficult to fill out that form and submit it (although not trivial either -- my federal and state tax forms combined are shorter than that one), but if the weapon in question is fully automatic, what are the chances of getting it approved?

I know a guy who has several. He also has super-secret squirrel clearance, though. His attitude is if you have any doubts whatsoever that it will be approved, you probably shouldn't apply.

The ATF don't mess around.
They flag regular guns even.
The SCCY pistol is very inexpensive and hence has become common in crime.
If you buy more than one of them in a year it's not uncommon to get a visit from the ATF asking you to produce the gun to prove you haven't resold them.

[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
02-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Some of the victims:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/las...mg00000009

jesus Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
02-10-2017, 02:09 PM
(02-10-2017 01:37 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
Quote:Step 1-You must find a dealer with a Class III FFL as they're the only ones who may deal in NFA weapons (machine guns, silencers, etc.) and select a weapon that was registered in the NFA registry before 1986 (this only applies for full-auto, silencers and AOW can be brand new)

Step 2-You must make your application to both the federal gov't and your local chief law enforcement officer, both must approve.

Step 3-Pay the $200 tax stamp

Step 4-Take posession of your weapon.

The largest impediment is that the NFA registry was closed to full-auto in 1986, therefore only LEOs or Class III FFL's may legally posess a post-86 full auto. Because of this, the price of pre-86 full-autos is very high (typically $10K and up).
So, with the internet and with gun shows as well, is it hard to find a dealer with pre 1986 machine guns?

What was this Nevada guy using, was it legal or illegal possession?
If illegal, how hard is it to find those guns illegally? How did those illegal guns get into circulation in USA? When you have an illegal gun, how hard is it to mobilize and do the cops need cause in order to ask for the papers, or would it b considered harassment for the cops to ask an open carry person for papers?
02-10-2017, 02:14 PM
(02-10-2017 01:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 12:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What? I sure as hell couldn't. That's like 60 rounds a minute assuming no misses. That dude shot thousands of rounds. You got to have forearms and a grip like Popeye forearms to squeeze even a tennis ball once a second for 10 minutes.

I didn't say one could shoot off as many rounds, but one could kill as many people. The last death count I heard was 58. One could kill 58 people in 10 minutes. That's less than 6 rounds per minute if one is a really good shot, but firing into a crowd, it's not hard to hit people whether they are killed or just injured.

If you're counting killed + just injured, the number goes up to 550 or so. Also consider that the shooter is on the 32nd floor of a hotel across the street. I'm not sure you could hit anyone with a pistol from that distance. And if the shooter is down in the crowd, most of the people are going to be shielded from him by the people closer to him. It might be possible to reach the same count with a pistol, but it seems highly unlikely.
02-10-2017, 02:23 PM
(02-10-2017 01:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I weep for my country on days like this. There's no solution to this. None. The US is a sad, broken down, pathetic country.

From the Onion

LAS VEGAS—In the hours following a violent rampage in Las Vegas in which a lone attacker killed more than 50 individuals and seriously injured 400 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Monday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Iowa resident Kyle Rimmels, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep these individuals from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

Do we laugh or cry?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post