Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 12:07 PM
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
(03-10-2017 11:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 11:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And what's this supposed to imply? That "only" 59 deaths is somehow acceptable? Obviously it could've been "much, much worse"! Tell us something we haven't yet figured out FFS.

What the....? Now you're implying that Paddock may not have been the shooter? Because you weren't at the crime scene, and the media could be lying. Please—give us some credit for intelligence. Were you at the scene when 20 people were killed at Sandy Hook? I thought not.

Duh...

Totally irrelevant to the point of this discussion. He also could've used a GBU-43 Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb. Rolleyes

OLB is afraid that people are going to take his guns away. So his only recourse is to deflect from the issue.

It’s the same as the people who say, ‘now isn’t the time to talk about gun control,’ or ‘if only it hadn’t been a gun free zone’

Because that’s what the people in Vegas totally needed...more bullets flying at anything that looked remotely suspicious. Even though the actual shooter was high up in a building....with a rifle and many people were running toward the shooter, because they didn’t know where it was coming from.

And no - I' m pretty unconcerned about anyone taking away my guns.. I know this board has it's fair share of people who think taking away guns is a " reasonable solution", but there's also a very large number of people who dont frequent this board that think keeping guns is a good idea.

I expect to be dead a long time before gun ownership isn't common in the USA.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Back to the topic of this post - it appears the only thing that could have made the deaths and injuries fewer would have been not having those weapons.

Can't control a persons thoughts on any given day, but we can control what tools they can use in support of any violent thoughts.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
03-10-2017, 12:12 PM
(03-10-2017 12:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 11:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  OLB is afraid that people are going to take his guns away. So his only recourse is to deflect from the issue.

It’s the same as the people who say, ‘now isn’t the time to talk about gun control,’ or ‘if only it hadn’t been a gun free zone’

Because that’s what the people in Vegas totally needed...more bullets flying at anything that looked remotely suspicious. Even though the actual shooter was high up in a building....with a rifle and many people were running toward the shooter, because they didn’t know where it was coming from.

Yeah - it is some kind of firearm extremism where a middle ground is out of the question no matter what. The excuses or apologetics are just as pathetic as with the God/Gods debates. I would like to know what folks like OLB think society would be like if citizens were allowed certain guns, with certain more high powered weapons reserved for the military?

I do carry a gun every day.

It' s a dinky little .32 H+R revolver - that one of the lightest J frame handguns made.

If I were allowed to carry an RPG around, I wouldn't.

They're heavy. Who needs to tote a boat anchor around all day??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-10-2017, 12:12 PM
(03-10-2017 12:03 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 11:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  OLB is afraid that people are going to take his guns away. So his only recourse is to deflect from the issue.

Which is why he invariably becomes over-defensive when there's ever a hint of increased gun control laws, or any variation to the 250-year-old interpretation of the 2nd Amendment which could limit the use of guns by private individuals—rather than its intent to allow for an armed militia.

And OLB, like a lot of slack gun law proponents, doesn't understand that the "militia" referred to in the 2nd Amendment was (is) defined as "a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies".

Disturbingly, this comment is taken verbatim form the NRA's site: "Guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are a force for good". Make of that what you will. And for all intents and purposes, the conservative Stephen Paddock was a law-abiding citizen who had not once come to the attention of the police.

Guns also only fired one bullet at a time two hundred years ago. Dodgy

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
03-10-2017, 12:15 PM
(03-10-2017 12:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 11:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That’s kinda false analogy. Cars are everywhere all the time.

People aren’t really firing guns the same way cars driven.

Try harder.

All the more reason to make cars louder - they're everywhere!!

Tongue

Besides - if somebody is shooting you - hearing it really isn't going to make much difference.. In my neighborhood gunfire is as commonplace as biird calls.

If somebody murders someone, nobody is going to call it in because they heard a gunshot.

All the gunfire does is keep the third shift workers awake..

Really? Can you stick a microphone outside your window to record the sound of bullets flying all day?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-10-2017, 12:16 PM
(03-10-2017 12:08 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Back to the topic of this post - it appears the only thing that could have made the deaths and injuries fewer would have been not having those weapons.

Can't control a persons thoughts on any given day, but we can control what tools they can use in support of any violent thoughts.

Really???

How many guns did the 9-11 hijackers use?? None??

And as I said earlier ( and was promptly dismissed) - The alleged shooter not only had a pilots license - but two airplanes....

I also just heard that they searched hisd house and found explosives. ( although the type not released, and in these situations they count gunpowder and black powder as explosives).

03-10-2017, 12:18 PM
(03-10-2017 12:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm afraid that even Trump is now saying a serious discussion regarding guns and gun control is now in the offing
Don't assume he is considering more restrictions.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/03/politi...index.html
Quote:President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the US will "be talking about gun laws as time goes by"

Quote:The President was asked about a gun bill currently making its way through the House that would loosen restrictions on purchasing gun silencers. Trump said that he would talk about that later.

It seems to me, the idiot president has decided to wait a day or two before approving the relaxing of gun restrictions.
03-10-2017, 12:18 PM
(03-10-2017 12:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 12:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  All the more reason to make cars louder - they're everywhere!!

Tongue

Besides - if somebody is shooting you - hearing it really isn't going to make much difference.. In my neighborhood gunfire is as commonplace as biird calls.

If somebody murders someone, nobody is going to call it in because they heard a gunshot.

All the gunfire does is keep the third shift workers awake..

Really? Can you stick a microphone outside your window to record the sound of bullets flying all day?

I don't hear bullets flying by - but since I've sat down here on the porch, I've heard several gunshots... Probably about 20 or so...

03-10-2017, 12:23 PM
(03-10-2017 12:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 12:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Yeah - it is some kind of firearm extremism where a middle ground is out of the question no matter what. The excuses or apologetics are just as pathetic as with the God/Gods debates. I would like to know what folks like OLB think society would be like if citizens were allowed certain guns, with certain more high powered weapons reserved for the military?

I do carry a gun every day.

It' s a dinky little .32 H+R revolver - that one of the lightest J frame handguns made.

If I were allowed to carry an RPG around, I wouldn't.

They're heavy. Who needs to tote a boat anchor around all day??

I have two handguns since I moved to TX and am thinking of getting my LTC license soon, but this is not the issue when we respond to incidents like LV. You carry that revolver around because that is sufficient for you to feel comfortable to defend yourself if need be - so why the need for several assault weapons in someone's closet at home? (not you as I don't know or care what guns you own).

It is because folks love guns - that is it. Folks love having them more than a lot of other things, but where does it stop? I just hope that someday "gun control" is not the same as "take away your guns" to some folks ears.

— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
03-10-2017, 12:24 PM
(03-10-2017 12:03 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Which is why he invariably becomes over-defensive when there's ever a hint of increased gun control laws, or any variation to the 250-year-old interpretation of the 2nd Amendment which could limit the use of guns by private individuals—rather than its intent to allow for an armed militia.

And OLB, like a lot of slack gun law proponents, doesn't understand that the "militia" referred to in the 2nd Amendment was (is) defined as "a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies".

Disturbingly, this comment is taken verbatim form the NRA's site: "Guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are a force for good". Make of that what you will. And for all intents and purposes, the conservative Stephen Paddock was a law-abiding citizen who had not once come to the attention of the police.

The Supreme Court redefined the second amendment a few decades ago.

I’ve often wondered what our founding fathers would think...would they simply support the amendment as written for their time...or support changes to it to restrict ownership?

How do you transfer a 18th century mindset into the 21st?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post