Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
(03-10-2017 01:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  They would claim responsibility if Yellowstone blew up. Drinking Beverage

I wondered about that.

I saw that too and it said no one had found any reason to believe it was true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-10-2017, 01:42 PM
(03-10-2017 01:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I wondered about that.

I saw that too and it said no one had found any reason to believe it was true.

The propaganda wing of DAESH has been described rather well as a dude who binges watch CNN and Al-Jazzeera and claim responsability for all bits of bad news.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
03-10-2017, 01:55 PM
(03-10-2017 01:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  I hear them here periodically too. There is one guy in the area who shoots at targets, and one who shoots at anything that moves. The police don't care. Not unless they hit something they shouldn't.

I could be wrong, but I though OLB was a city guy.

I might be able to understand it...out in the podunk areas...but I’m too close to the metro area.

The lost cow signs have diminished greatly since all the apartments and ducking chipotles moved into the area.

He can of course respond and clear up any confusion himself, but from reading his posts, I get the distinct impression that his neighborhood is more podunk than city -- especially if he hears gunshots while sitting on his porch and isn't worried by them. I think that would be worrisome to anyone living in a city.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-10-2017, 01:57 PM
(03-10-2017 01:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I could be wrong, but I though OLB was a city guy.

I might be able to understand it...out in the podunk areas...but I’m too close to the metro area.

The lost cow signs have diminished greatly since all the apartments and ducking chipotles moved into the area.

He can of course respond and clear up any confusion himself, but from reading his posts, I get the distinct impression that his neighborhood is more podunk than city -- especially if he hears gunshots while sitting on his porch and isn't worried by them. I think that would be worrisome to anyone living in a city.

Oh, you could be right.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-10-2017, 01:58 PM
(03-10-2017 12:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And no - I' m pretty unconcerned about anyone taking away my guns.. I know this board has it's fair share of people who think taking away guns is a "reasonable solution", but there's also a very large number of people who don't frequent this board that think keeping guns is a good idea.

Yeah, the 5 million members of the NRA for starters.

Quote:I expect to be dead a long time before gun ownership isn't common in the USA.

And that might just be sooner than you expect with the proliferation of gun ownership in the US.

Quote:I do carry a gun every day. It' s a dinky little .32 H+R revolver - that one of the lightest J frame handguns made.

LOL... I love the way you tell us all—in great technical detail—about a particular gun or ammunition every time the subject's raised. You must be a real man to know all that stuff?

Quote:How many guns did the 9-11 hijackers use? None?

False equivalence. Fail.

Quote:And as I said earlier (and was promptly dismissed) - The alleged shooter not only had a pilots license - but two airplanes...

Nope. The sensationalist media you earlier lambasted got that wrong too. He was de-licensed, and didn't own two planes. Or did you actually visit his property and see the planes yourself LOL.

Quote:
Quote: (Today 05:03 AM) SYZ Wrote:
Which is why he invariably becomes over-defensive when there's ever a hint of increased gun control laws, or any variation to the 250-year-old interpretation of the 2nd Amendment...

Stereotyping fuck. You have no idea what I think about gun control.

Yes I do. It's more than obvious from your plethora of defensive posts here whenever gun issues are raised that you're actually afraid of increased gun control laws that might limit the ownership of your apparent personal armoury.

Quote:You have no idea what I know about the militia.

Yes I do. It's again more than obvious you choose to ignore the actual definition of the word in the 2nd amendment... "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A "collective rights" theory of the 2nd Amendment asserts that citizens do not have an individual right to possess guns and that local, state, and federal legislative bodies therefore possess the authority to regulate firearms without implicating a constitutional right.

Quote:You just lump me in with the fucking NRA and assume the worst.

Yes I do. Simply because your attitude towards firearms, and their possession and use almost exactly mirrors that of the NRA. Unless you can prove that's untrue?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
03-10-2017, 02:31 PM
I got my Facebook's resident conspiracy nut, who I had previously believed had some carefully concealed standards, posting David Icke's take on how is was all physically impossible and the authorities are lying to us. God damn.

If there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior.

| (• ◡•)|  (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
03-10-2017, 02:54 PM
My Nevada friends are all accounted for!

One couple was at that music festival on Saturday. Gasp

They both said its been insane.

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-10-2017, 03:00 PM
(03-10-2017 01:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Yes I do. It's again more than obvious you choose to ignore the actual definition of the word in the 2nd amendment... "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

At that time, "well regulated" meant trained. And it goes on to state that the "people" have the right to arms, not the collective - individuals - as the the word is used everywhere else in the Constitution.

Quote:A "collective rights" theory of the 2nd Amendment asserts that citizens do not have an individual right to possess guns and that local, state, and federal legislative bodies therefore possess the authority to regulate firearms without implicating a constitutional right.

And that is not the interpretation that SCOTUS has used.

Quote:
Quote:You just lump me in with the fucking NRA and assume the worst.

Yes I do. Simply because your attitude towards firearms, and their possession and use almost exactly mirrors that of the NRA. Unless you can prove that's untrue?

I see, any positive attitude towards firearms is extreme?
And you are the accuser - it is up to you to support your claim, not him to prove you wrong.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2017, 03:14 PM
(03-10-2017 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Yes I do. It's again more than obvious you choose to ignore the actual definition of the word in the 2nd amendment... "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

At that time, "well regulated" meant trained. And it goes on to state that the "people" have the right to arms, not the collective - individuals - as the the word is used everywhere else in the Constitution.

Yes, that's how it has been interpreted by the supreme court. However no one saw the unfettered gun violence in our future, had they, they might have not come down that way. The truth is that we just don't know.

So many of our personal freedoms have diminished, our freedom of speech, protest, and even religious (or non religious) freedoms...Why is the second amendment so untouchable when so much of our other freedoms are eroded nearly daily?

I did read that congress has tabled some gun legislation they were hoping to pass.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-10-2017, 03:30 PM
I just read a comment on FB that said the Clintons could very well be behind it (to feed their anti-gun agenda).
An actual person said this (I checked), a man with two small children.
And his comment had 10 likes.

I am done wth the internet for today.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post