Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
(03-10-2017 12:10 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 11:56 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

Thank you, I will deliver that hug to her. I am working out of town these days.
Her friend just lit up the room, she said. They had worked together at a bank 20 years ago, and one of their co-workers had traveled and kept in touch with this lady after she moved away.
This was how she found out, through this mutual friend.
Our former neighbors also live in Las Vegas and were likely to be at the concert, but they were also Seahawks fans and stayed home to watch the game. His sister was there but was unharmed. Sometimes the "small world" effect can be terrifying.

Just saw this and wondering if this was who you were speaking of.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breaking-n...spartanntp

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 03:31 PM
(03-10-2017 01:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Owch that was harsh dude.
Look, I'm just trying to have some fun. It's really hard to take OLB's posts all that serious. I know he's quite extreme on this site with regards to his gun views, probably quite extreme if compared to the average USA person, but maybe he is quite reflective of peeps in his area of residence?
It's this gung ho, gun clutching, blind eye to the gun murders and deaths, belief that more guns will make the world a better place that we (outsiders) sometimes stereo-type Americans or Texans as being. I know the stereo type is completely wrong, but there are a non insignificant proportion of USA who really build up their own arsenal and even brag about it. I think they think it makes them tough and people like me who don't have guns and want gun regulations are just weak pansies.

What can I say the dude likes bacon but I certainly take your point I do think you should have guns for hunting and your country is vast so I kinda have some sympathy for home defence firearms but this episode proves handguns especially c&c permits are pretty useless in most circumstances.
03-10-2017, 03:43 PM
(03-10-2017 03:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Look, I'm just trying to have some fun. It's really hard to take OLB's posts all that serious. I know he's quite extreme on this site with regards to his gun views, probably quite extreme if compared to the average USA person, but maybe he is quite reflective of peeps in his area of residence?
It's this gung ho, gun clutching, blind eye to the gun murders and deaths, belief that more guns will make the world a better place that we (outsiders) sometimes stereo-type Americans or Texans as being. I know the stereo type is completely wrong, but there are a non insignificant proportion of USA who really build up their own arsenal and even brag about it. I think they think it makes them tough and people like me who don't have guns and want gun regulations are just weak pansies.

What can I say the dude likes bacon but I certainly take your point I do think you should have guns for hunting and your country is vast so I kinda have some sympathy for home defence firearms but this episode proves handguns especially c&c permits are pretty useless in most circumstances.

I have a semi automatic rifle and a hand gun. I live in the country and share the space with bears and coyotes and cougars. It hasn't come to a confrontation yet, although I don't appreciate the bear shitting in front of my gate. But if me or my dogs are in danger of any sort, I am not afraid to use my guns, and I know how to shoot. That said, I am all for sensible gun control.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-10-2017, 03:52 PM
(03-10-2017 03:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 03:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:  What can I say the dude likes bacon but I certainly take your point I do think you should have guns for hunting and your country is vast so I kinda have some sympathy for home defence firearms but this episode proves handguns especially c&c permits are pretty useless in most circumstances.

I have a semi automatic rifle and a hand gun. I live in the country and share the space with bears and coyotes and cougars. It hasn't come to a confrontation yet, although I don't appreciate the bear shitting in front of my gate. But if me or my dogs are in danger of any sort, I am not afraid to use my guns, and I know how to shoot. That said, I am all for sensible gun control.

Definitely Makes sense, life in the boonies would be hard without, in places like Alaska almost impossible, you have to look at the whole picture, there was a time I would have been mega rabidly against all firearms but I'm much more of a moderate these days, well more moderate than I was Wink
03-10-2017, 04:18 PM
(03-10-2017 03:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 03:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:  What can I say the dude likes bacon but I certainly take your point I do think you should have guns for hunting and your country is vast so I kinda have some sympathy for home defence firearms but this episode proves handguns especially c&c permits are pretty useless in most circumstances.

Most Americans would agree that your position is sensible. The fringers on both ends are the ones making all the noise, however. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2017, 04:25 PM
(03-10-2017 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 01:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

At that time, "well regulated" meant trained. And it goes on to state that the "people" have the right to arms, not the collective - individuals - as the the word is used everywhere else in the Constitution.

Not exactly. The "people" are what embody the militia. They're one and the same thing.

Quote:I see, any positive attitude towards firearms is extreme?
And you are the accuser - it is up to you to support your claim, not him to prove you wrong.

I never said that any "positive" attitude to guns was extreme. You're up to your old tricks of putting words in people's mouths again I see LOL. The only claim I've made thus far is that there are ridiculously far too many guns in the US, and gun laws in the US are extremely slack—as evidenced by the 59 dead people from Las Vegas—killed by a nutjob that owned 42 fucking firearms. Or are you gonna argue that point too Chas, and put a positive spin on it?

I'd almost be positive you're a gun owner, maybe a couple?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-10-2017, 04:42 PM
The militia were a subset of the People.
03-10-2017, 04:48 PM
(03-10-2017 04:25 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  I see, any positive attitude towards firearms is extreme?

I never said that any "positive" attitude to guns was extreme.
Hear, hear!

People that want gun restrictions don't necessarily want guns completely banned!
That's a misnomer right there.

People that complain about having people walk around public with loaded handguns, with many crimes committed by having concealed handguns, aren't necessarily against people having guns for hunting and sport.

People complaining against the availability of semi automatics (with high capacity magazines) and assault rifles and machine guns aren't necessarily against bolt action rifles for hunting.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-10-2017, 04:50 PM
(03-10-2017 04:42 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The militia were a subset of the People.
One would think that "well regulated" means organised, with some sort of structure, training and chain of command. Not just random people with guns.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-10-2017, 04:52 PM
(03-10-2017 04:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 04:42 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The militia were a subset of the People.
One would think that "well regulated" means organised, with some sort of structure, training and chain of command. Not just random people with guns.
Yep, they were supposed to drill regularly. I once had a collection of political cards from the day mocking militia drills.