Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 08:21 PM
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
[Image: 6a00d8341c01ff53ef017d4165c868970c-400wi]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
03-10-2017, 08:27 PM
(03-10-2017 08:10 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  At that time, "well regulated" meant trained. And it goes on to state that the "people" have the right to arms, not the collective - individuals - as the the word is used everywhere else in the Constitution.
Of course. Because in 1791 the people were expected to show up with their own arms, when summoned to militia duty.

That hasn't been the case since the federal government consolidated the National Guard and began arming them directly, in 1903.

Quote:I see, any positive attitude towards firearms is extreme?
I can speak only for myself: I'm not negatively disposed towards firearms; but I am rationally disposed to them. A certain amount of reasonable regulation is not infringement, any more than people's rights to drive are infringed by not being allowed to pilot an M-1 tank down the middle of Main Street.

Exactly.
And if the Constitution can't change with the times, and present challenges, and deal reasonably with new and present challenges, it is irrelevant, and the US is doomed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-10-2017, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 08:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-10-2017 08:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 07:41 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Since you mention it . . .

Quiet hybrid and electric cars must make noise under new U.S. safety rule

Yeah my Prius sounds weird when it's in electric mode. It makes this high pitched but quiet noise to alert visually impaired people that it's moving. I'll admit though, there have been times walking through parking lots and walked behind a hybrid that suddenly began moving, I kinda wished they made more noise. I'm extra careful now when backing out now because of that.

My friend had a first gen one that was completely quiet and a blind person walked into his car while he was stopped. The person sincerely had no idea there was a car in their path. I think it was a year or two later, that he brought his in for service and it came out making a noise.

I rented one once when my Jeep was in for service. It was SO quiet at intersections, I was afraid it had killed. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-10-2017, 08:44 PM
(03-10-2017 08:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 08:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah my Prius sounds weird when it's in electric mode. It makes this high pitched but quiet noise to alert visually impaired people that it's moving. I'll admit though, there have been times walking through parking lots and walked behind a hybrid that suddenly began moving, I kinda wished they made more noise. I'm extra careful now when backing out now because of that.

My friend had a first gen one that was completely quiet and a blind person walked into his car while he was stopped. The person sincerely had no idea there was a car in their path. I think it was a year or two later, that he brought his in for service and it came out making a noise.

I rented one once when my Jeep was in for service. I was SO quiet at intersections, I was afraid it had killed. Tongue

Omg I had the same thought. I’d hear the engine when I’d stop and then wait for traffic to pass so I could go and suddenly it would stop making noise. That was my exact thought that the engine died.

It’s weird.

My biggest issue was my last car, like every car before it had a key. I’d stop and have to think what to do.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-10-2017, 08:51 PM
(03-10-2017 08:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 08:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I rented one once when my Jeep was in for service. I was SO quiet at intersections, I was afraid it had killed. Tongue

Omg I had the same thought. I’d hear the engine when I’d stop and then wait for traffic to pass so I could go and suddenly it would stop making noise. That was my exact thought that the engine died.

It’s weird.

My biggest issue was my last car, like every car before it had a key. I’d stop and have to think what to do.

I forget that part. They gave my a thingy that I pointed at something on the windshield I think .... it was a very nice car.

When I grow up, I still want a little Bemer convertible. My piano cost more than them ... but it's a depreciating thing-a-ma-bob. I just can't justify it. I'm a miser. i guess I have to face it. Rolleyes
My grampa lives in me.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-10-2017, 08:55 PM
(03-10-2017 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I forget that part. They gave my a thingy that I pointed at something on the windshield I think .... it was a very nice car.

When I grow up, I still want a little Bemer convertible. My piano cost more than them ... but it's a depreciating thing-a-ma-bob. I just can't justify it. I'm a miser. i guess I have to face it. Rolleyes
My grampa lives in me.

You are so gay. Seriously, you're like Robin Williams and Nathan Lane and the maid serving soup in the Birdcage fused together gay.

#sigh
03-10-2017, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 09:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-10-2017 08:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I forget that part. They gave my a thingy that I pointed at something on the windshield I think .... it was a very nice car.

My grampa lives in me.

You are so gay. Seriously, you're like Robin Williams and Nathan Lane and the maid serving soup in the Birdcage fused together gay.

That's nice. But I have no clue what you're talking about.
You seem to know more about the "gay" than I do.
That's OK.
Not sure what the point is you're making.

03-10-2017, 09:08 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-10-2017, 09:25 PM
(03-10-2017 09:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not sure what the point is you're making.

Dude, you just told me your piano costs more than like most families make in a year. That's the point I'm making if you want me to get more specific and less generous.

#sigh
03-10-2017, 09:27 PM
(03-10-2017 08:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

My grampa lives in me.

You don’t like his Guatemalaness?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post