Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
(04-10-2017 02:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Democrat Presidents sell more guns than any Cabella's salesman....

True shit..

Want to see gun sales drastically rise?? Vote in Hillary...

Right now the gun stores are full of " scary black rifles", because nobody is buying.... Prices for an AR-15 are at a 10 year low.....

But vote in a ( D ) President???

Prices skyrocket and panic buying takes over....

And don't bitch at me - I'm just reporting the facts....

Because you know I love graphs.

[Image: driver%20of%20gun%20sales.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-10-2017, 03:20 PM
If you were to add all the grocery stores, McDonald’s and Starbucks retailers in the US that total would still fall short of the total number of licensed gun shops. Let that sink in for a minute.

[Image: a6d4d3205b0483e6552de944ae2006fa]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
04-10-2017, 03:38 PM
50 guns aquired over the past 12 months. All legally.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
04-10-2017, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 03:47 PM by onlinebiker.)
(04-10-2017 03:04 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 02:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Democrat Presidents sell more guns than any Cabella's salesman....

True shit..

Yep. One of our larger local gun sellers actually ran an ad for most of last fall, thanking Obama and saying they were sorry to see him go, since he had been the best gun salesman they'd seen in 20 years. By the end of his second year in office their sales exceeded any year in their previous 30, and they increased every year, right up to the 2016 election.

And panicked gun hoarders -- devotees of Alex Jones and Glenn Beck and the like -- caused an ammo shortage for a while, stockpiling supplies while they waited for the feds to padlock the gun shops.

Wonder if they remember where they buried all that shit?

When all the panic buyers were buying .22lr for up to $.20 a round, I sold a bunch I had bought at $.016 per.

Conclusion - supply side economics is too complex for most Americans..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
(04-10-2017 03:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When all the panic buyers were buying .22lr for up to $.50 a round, I sold a bunch I had bought at $.016 per.

Conclusion - supply side economics is too complex for most Americans..

Big Grin

The alphabet is too complicated for most Americans.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
04-10-2017, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 04:03 PM by Full Circle.)
In spite of what some may think I’m not against gun ownership. Take this add as an example, I have no issues with selling the bolt action rifles or shotguns to folks that can show they aren’t mentally ill, have no felony criminal records, they register their weapons and are not on the “do not fly” list.

However I do have an issue with the top one no matter who you are. IMO there isn’t a case that you can make that outweighs the danger a weapon like this one presents to the public at large. Maybe you are a good guy, but then again maybe you won’t be one day or your house is broken into while you’re out at a country music concert and your weapon is stolen and ends up in the hands of a “bad guy”. I don’t think that collectively we should be running that risk in light of all the evidence we have.

There must be a prudent middle ground that doesn’t include a Smith & Wesson ® M&P15 Sport ™ Range Package w/ 30-round magazine for the sales price of $599.99

[Image: cab20155-1920x1000-c-top.jpg]

[Image: funny-celebrity-pictures-come-at-me-bro-...limits.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
04-10-2017, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 04:50 PM by Chas.)
(04-10-2017 06:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 09:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sure, in half of one amendment out of ten.

Chas, why do you defend this so defiantly all the time?
Yes it's in your constitution but that doesn't mean things can't change. Slavery is the perfect example. People defended that defiantly (literally started a war over it) but in the end slavery was abolished because it was seen as a bit of a dick move to treat people in that regards.

Why can't you see that times have changed from the times that was written?
Just as times changed from slavery being acceptable to it being seen as a bit of a dick move.

It's not just mass shootings like this one. It's general murder and violence every day in the US. It's accidents. It's suicide (and before you say people will kill themselves another way, other ways are harder and less require less impulse. Suicide rates dropped when a company that was having its pills used as a way to commit suicide switched from bottles to those packets where you have to pop the pills out because it took people longer and they had more time to think and contemplate their decision.). It's many things. It's become a toxic culture that is costing thousands upon thousands of peoples their lives.

Gun culture today is far different to flintlock times.

The rest of the western world moved on. We progressed into the modern era. I don't see why America can't do the same. But of course, you wont.

I am not defending anything but the facts. I have never, not once, not ever, said it can't change or shouldn't change.

Pretty much every post I've made in every thread about firearms here has been that way.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2017, 04:48 PM
(04-10-2017 02:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ever price a Holland & Holland double barrel shotgun???

Same thing, only even more money. For a scattergun..

Tell me about it... like circa $50K-$90K for a second-hand side by side? Gasp

But then I've got a couple of expensive German-made Leica 35mm cameras—not necessarily because they take a better pic than a Canon or Pentax, but because they're far better engineering-wise, like no plastic for example.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-10-2017, 04:51 PM
(04-10-2017 03:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Because you know I love graphs.

Sorry, I know it's off topic but I think we need a little laugh in here anyways.

[Image: Funny-Graphs-and-Charts-14.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
04-10-2017, 05:10 PM
(03-10-2017 08:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  SCOTUS interprets the law and as long as that is the case different courts will interpret them differently, the issue really isn't going to go away with the judiciary branch.

Exactly. SCOTUS doesn't make the laws; it only applies them.

Quote:To get to the crux of the matter the Legislative branch of the US government must strike or rewrite the 2nd amendment to the Constitution. Short of that nothing will change in the United States of Armageddon ™.

And that'll never happen with the multi-millions of dollars that the NRA feeds certain politicians in order that they be on side... like Trump. Whom 5+ million NRA members supported in 2016. The NRA has the government in their pocket by sheer weight of voting numbers.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.