Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2017, 05:51 AM
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
Nah, that avoids the topic mate. I expect more from you.

Seriously. If he was really to be armed as a sniper firing into a crowd, what weapons available would be best?

Can one buy rocket launchers or bazookas over there? Is it limited to high velocity rapid firing arms or are explosives allowed?

If so, what would he have had to do to get a higher kill count?

For example. Could he have had a 50. caliber machine gun?

I'd really like to know.

These people are dead. Nothing we can do. So we may as well have fun.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2017, 05:53 AM
(06-10-2017 05:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  We should conduct a thought experiment:

How could this gunman have done this better?

He could have been more accurate with tracer bullets.

I heard on the news that he tried to acquire tracer bullets too, but was unable to do so.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
06-10-2017, 05:55 AM
(06-10-2017 05:53 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 05:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  We should conduct a thought experiment:

How could this gunman have done this better?

He could have been more accurate with tracer bullets.

I heard on the news that he tried to acquire tracer bullets too, but was unable to do so.

That's interesting. Are machine guns not allowed, and if so, why?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-10-2017, 05:57 AM
(06-10-2017 03:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you guys still discussing this?

Wow.

It's a gun thread. The only larger threads here (other than the stickied ones) are Jeremy E Walker threads.
06-10-2017, 05:58 AM
(06-10-2017 05:57 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 03:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you guys still discussing this?

Wow.

It's a gun thread. The only larger threads here (other than the stickied ones) are Jeremy E Walker threads.

I was under the impression it was an incident thread.

Silly me. Wink

Banjo.
06-10-2017, 06:01 AM
(06-10-2017 02:52 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm looking at this bump-stock business and it appears to me that the way it works is you pull the trigger, you let go of the trigger but your fat ass finger is still there in the trigger guard, the recoil from the gun hits you in the shoulder causing your shoulder to recoil enough to cause your fat ass finger in the trigger guard to pull the trigger again. Rinse and repeat until you ain't got no bullets left or your finger is broke. ... Consider ... This is quite clever. I am not sure how you would go about legislating preventing that level of creativity and ingenuity. I'm not sure you want to. You'll just encourage it.

You'd never operate a weapon in that fashion for hunting, or be trained to operate a firearm that way in the police or military. If there is any other legitimate use to such an add on, I'd love to hear it, but it otherwise seems tailored to just spraying into a large crowd of targets.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-10-2017, 06:03 AM
(06-10-2017 02:52 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm looking at this bump-stock business and it appears to me that the way it works is you pull the trigger, you let go of the trigger but your fat ass finger is still there in the trigger guard, the recoil from the gun hits you in the shoulder causing your shoulder to recoil enough to cause your fat ass finger in the trigger guard to pull the trigger again. Rinse and repeat until you ain't got no bullets left or your finger is broke. ... Consider ... This is quite clever. I am not sure how you would go about legislating preventing that level of creativity and ingenuity. I'm not sure you want to. You'll just encourage it.

I can't speak to the manufacturer's original intent when Slide Fire first designed the thing, but it was submitted to the ATF as an aid for people that had problems pulling the trigger due to problems with their hand. It works as designed. You fire a gun equipped with one by pulling back on the front of the gun. The reason the AFT approved the design is it doesn't meet the legal definition of a machine gun. A machine gun fires multiple rounds with one pull of the trigger. With bump stocks, the trigger gets pulled every time a round is fired. As far as cleverness goes, I've already heard someone say this week's ban is next weeks innovation.

I'm not thrilled with the wording I've seen in the proposed bills to ban bump stocks. They basically say anything that can increase the rate of fire. On the surface that doesn't sound bad. The problem is the definition is so loose it could be applied to a lot of aftermarket parts. Technically a lightweight bolt carrier group could increase the rate of fire because it allows for a quicker lock time, but the difference in lock time is measured in ten-thousandths of a second. A professional 3 gunner might save a couple hundredths of a second over a course of fire. For a competition that could make the difference in winning and finishing third. For a mass murderer not so much. Not to mention the reality is a lightweight bolt carrier group is the last thing you would want to run in an automatic weapon. It would get the shit beat out of it and could fail pretty quickly in that type of application.

Aftermarket triggers are another items that could be affected in these bills. If you have ever compared a USGI trigger with a good aftermarket trigger you would know why people like them. It doesn't have anything to with increasing your rate of fire though. But the way these bills are written such wording could be applied to an aftermarket trigger in a bolt action rifle.

The other problem a lot of gun people have with any proposed ban on bump stocks is Nancy Pelosi and people like her. That woman is her own worst enemy as far as gun legislation goes. She is already on record saying she hopes a bump stock ban is the start of a slippery slope that leads to much wider bans. Yes that both scares and pisses the modern sporting rifle community off. Many in that community wouldn't give a shit about banning bump stocks. But they don't want to give an inch to someone who's stated position is this is a first step towards banning anything she deems scary.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
06-10-2017, 06:06 AM
(06-10-2017 06:03 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  

I can't speak to the manufacturer's original intent when Slide Fire first designed the thing, but it was submitted to the ATF as an aid for people that had problems pulling the trigger due to problems with their hand. It works as designed. You fire a gun equipped with one by pulling back on the front of the gun. The reason the AFT approved the design is it doesn't meet the legal definition of a machine gun. A machine gun fires multiple rounds with one pull of the trigger. With bump stocks, the trigger gets pulled every time a round is fired. As far as cleverness goes, I've already heard someone say this week's ban is next weeks innovation.

I'm not thrilled with the wording I've seen in the proposed bills to ban bump stocks. They basically say anything that can increase the rate of fire. On the surface that doesn't sound bad. The problem is the definition is so loose it could be applied to a lot of aftermarket parts. Technically a lightweight bolt carrier group could increase the rate of fire because it allows for a quicker lock time, but the difference in lock time is measured in ten-thousandths of a second. A professional 3 gunner might save a couple hundredths of a second over a course of fire. For a competition that could make the difference in winning and finishing third. For a mass murderer not so much. Not to mention the reality is a lightweight bolt carrier group is the last thing you would want to run in an automatic weapon. It would get the shit beat out of it and could fail pretty quickly in that type of application.

Aftermarket triggers are another items that could be affected in these bills. If you have ever compared a USGI trigger with a good aftermarket trigger you would know why people like them. It doesn't have anything to with increasing your rate of fire though. But the way these bills are written such wording could be applied to an aftermarket trigger in a bolt action rifle.

The other problem a lot of gun people have with any proposed ban on bump stocks is Nancy Pelosi and people like her. That woman is her own worst enemy as far as gun legislation goes. She is already on record saying she hopes a bump stock ban is the start of a slippery slope that leads to much wider bans. Yes that both scares and pisses the modern sporting rifle community off. Many in that community wouldn't give a shit about banning bump stocks. But they don't want to give an inch to someone who's stated position is this is a first step towards banning anything she deems scary.

Thanks! That saved me a shitload of googling. Thumbsup

#sigh
06-10-2017, 06:09 AM
(06-10-2017 05:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Nah, that avoids the topic mate. I expect more from you.

Seriously. If he was really to be armed as a sniper firing into a crowd, what weapons available would be best?

Can one buy rocket launchers or bazookas over there? Is it limited to high velocity rapid firing arms or are explosives allowed?

I'd really like to know.

I've said this before.

He wouldn't use guns.

If you could get above the crowd - Molotov cocktails or hand grenades would be much more deadly.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-10-2017, 06:10 AM
(06-10-2017 06:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 05:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Nah, that avoids the topic mate. I expect more from you.

I'd really like to know.

I've said this before.

He wouldn't use guns.

If you could get above the crowd - Molotov cocktails or hand grenades would be much more deadly.

Nope. Dude was too far away even for Tom Brady's arm.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post